Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa Debit (Ulster Bank) - Use In The UK

Options
  • 29-06-2015 11:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm travelling to the UK in a couple of weeks and starting to get everything in order. I have a couple of things I need to pay for when I get over there, hotels etc.

Will there be any difficulty in using my visa debit card over there to pay for these things? Also, what sort of fee can I expect per transaction?

Thanks all. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

You'll have no issue using it.

From their website:
    1% foreign exchange fee (min charge €0.25, max charge €6) of the transaction value plus 1% transaction fee charge (min charge €0.25, max charge €6) of the transaction value

ATM withdrawals from Royal Bank of Scotland (not Bank of Scotland, separate organisation) and Natwest ATM's are free. You'll only have the exchange rate to factor in. So withdrawing cash via their ATM's might be an option to consider.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Thank you. Very much appreciated. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭loconnor1001

I just used mine in America with no problem

Advertisement