Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Visa for a married couple

• 30-06-2015 1:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭

So guys, whats the story on a married couple getting a WHV, is this possible? Marrying my girl soon and the two of us plan on heading to NZ for a year :D like I know theyd have to be seperate visas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Antarctica

astonaidan wrote: »
    So guys, whats the story on a married couple getting a WHV, is this possible? Marrying my girl soon and the two of us plan on heading to NZ for a year :D like I know theyd have to be seperate visas

I assume you mean that one of you would not meet the visa requirements? Can you clarify this?

I doubt there is anything in the rules that would prevent married couples going assuming they individually meet the requirements but feel free to check the terms and conditions online!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,011 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Marriage is pretty irrelevant to NZ immigration, AFAIK.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Antarctica wrote: »
    I assume you mean that one of you would not meet the visa requirements? Can you clarify this?

I doubt there is anything in the rules that would prevent married couples going assuming they individually meet the requirements but feel free to check the terms and conditions online!

No it would be for a WHV she would be applying through Argentine me through Ireland, both eligible just seeing if that was the case with Marraige involved?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭spunkymunky

I would think if you both meet the WHV criteria you would should be fine. Marriage or not. Further visa's might be different.

Advertisement