Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to look for and take a room in Dublin?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 8:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

I have to move out of my current place in 6 weeks. All the rooms on daft are for moving into immediately. I'm looking at house sharing.

How many weeks out should I start looking? and if I get a place thats available 3 weeks before the lease on my current place finishes for example, should I take the hit of the 3 weeks rent? I have no idea how competitive the market for a place is.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭Tow

The market will go mad in a few weeks once the students start looking for places. Ideally you should look at moving now, if you can.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

It is really competitive, but I guess it depends on how much you are willing to spend, there might be more places available at the higher end of the market.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,528 ✭✭✭gaius c

Tow wrote: »
    The market will go mad in a few weeks once the students start looking for places. Ideally you should look at moving now, if you can.

I'd second this. Move now before the students do.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 movingaround

What price is the high end of the market?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,934 ✭✭✭MarkAnthony

What price is the high end of the market?

€1500 - €15000+ a month. Low end is around €80-100 a week.

You may want to be a bit more specific.

• Advertisement
Advertisement