Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What to do about change of mind/university?!?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 10:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi, so I'm at fairly important decision in my life right now and I'm just completely stuck. So change of mind is tomorrow evening (1st july), before i was full sure i wasnt going to take my deferred place in a prestigious university and instead go for a course in, I'll admit a sh*tty local IT, the thing is, I think I'd enjoy the more than I would in the prestigious university. Everyone thinks I'm completely, and utterly crazy and bonkers for even entertaining the idea of going anywhere but the university I originally going to go to...I mean I would look like I've totally chickened out like a massive baby. I've kinda had a stressful year just gone by, so I'm dealing with massive anxiety all the time, which is affecting my eating and sleeping patterns big time actually. I just think that in the long run, in the grand scheme of things of course, the prestigious college would be better, but right now, I'm actually not in the right frame of mind to deal with the pressure of college and having to move over 3 hours away from home to do a course that I think the theory would be very interesting, but I'm not sure about doing the actual work/placement itself...
    i dont think any of this made any sense at all, but any tips/advice would be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

Advertisement