Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Call forwarding to Skype Number?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭

I've terrible mobile reception at home but slightly better broadband.

I need to be reachable for work so I've been looking in to getting a Skype Number (01-xxx xxxx) and forwarding my mobile to that.

Does anyone currently do this ? Any issues with the Skype Number service /

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Haven't used a skype number for that reason, but I haven't had many issues using one apart from the odd dropped call or sometimes the quality just not 100%. I would try it for 30 days and see how it goes

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

You'd be better off getting a proper desk phone and VOIP service if you use this daily, see the VOIP subforum for a goldmine of info. Theres nothing to stop you forwarding the calls to any number.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

It's working well. Very happy with call quality and it's very cheap.
    Thanks for the VOIP tip EdE - I
    only use this a maximum of a few times a month so I don't think it's worth the setup.

Advertisement