Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I received scam email today

Options
  • 30-06-2015 12:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭

Jut to let you know - you may contact website owner to halt it: h__p://iwis.ch/film/ireland/bankofireland2/Satellite/Verification/Private/indefs222asxxs.php

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

zom wrote: »
    Jut to let you know - you may contact website owner to halt it: h__p://iwis.ch/film/ireland/bankofireland2/Satellite/Verification/Private/indefs222asxxs.php
    Hi zom,

Thanks for getting in touch with here on Boards.ie and for bringing this to our attention.

If you do receive emails of this nature in future please forward them to 365security@boi.com More information on phishing emails can be found here.

If you have clicked on any links on the email, your computer may be compromised and we strongly recommend you run Anti-Virus software on your computer and do not access any online banking until your software confirms if your computer is clear from viruses.

Also, if you have followed any instructions contained in the email we do advise calling 0818 365365 as soon as possible to have your 365 PIN changed and to discuss if you need to have your bank cards cancelled, this would depend on what information has been entered on fraudulent link.

Please let me know if you need help anything else.

Thanks

Nicola

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭zom

zom wrote: »
    Hi zom,

Thanks for getting in touch with here on Boards.ie and for bringing this to our attention.

If you do receive emails of this nature in future please forward them to 365security@boi.com More information on phishing emails can be found here.

If you have clicked on any links on the email, your computer may be compromised and we strongly recommend you run Anti-Virus software on your computer and do not access any online banking until your software confirms if your computer is clear from viruses.

Also, if you have followed any instructions contained in the email we do advise calling 0818 365365 as soon as possible to have your 365 PIN changed and to discuss if you need to have your bank cards cancelled, this would depend on what information has been entered on fraudulent link.

Please let me know if you need help anything else.

Thanks

Nicola
    Actually I checked it first with virustotal and then opened it in sandbox environment and all looked fine. Website looked safe, it was probably firther actions that could lead into troubles (I didn't continue). Thank you for link.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

In fairness BoI can't actually stop this kind of thing, nor can bank or other service.  The reason is that e-mail is an unauthenticated medium and technologies like S/MIME just haven't caught on with the general public. That's why it's always better never to click ANY links in email that you didn't solicit.

Advertisement