Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What is your favourite album that nobody talks about?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,255 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

All the Young Dudes by Mott the Hoople is one I think is quite underrated

Released in the mid-70s, the title track was a big hit and was one of the big glam rock songs but the album itself is actually a bit heavier than that title would suggest. It was produced by David Bowie at the height of his Ziggy Stardust era so it was inevitably linked to that style but I think it stands on it's own. I think it's not just some band copying Bowie's style for profit, they have their own sound.

Songs like Ready for Love/After Lights, Sea Diver, Sucker and Soft Ground are brilliant. There's also a brilliant cover of the Velvet Underground song Sweet Jane. And then there's the title track which, imo, feels a bit out of place.

Advertisement