Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Palmerstown/Lucan - best areas to live?

• 30-06-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Hi all,

Considering moving from Ashtown to Palmerstown/Lucan area and would like some advice on the best areas to rent please. I drive to work in Citywest and my boyfriend works in the IFSC so it would have to be easily accessible for both of us.

I know there's a LIDL in Palmerstown but what other large supermarkets and amenities are in the area?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,395 ✭✭✭nc19

Any of the estates in East Lucan would suit both of you. You would be 10 mins from city west and he has a few buses that go into town.

Rochfort
    Castle Riada
    Earlsfort

to name a few

• Registered Users Posts: 4 LonBon

Thanks for your reply.

We viewed an apartment in Adamstown - Castlegate Way yesterday which was nice. My only concern is that the commute from there to the City Centre would be very long. Does the 25 bus go through Chapelizod? What is that like as an area to live in? I liked the area, drove around and into Lucan Village.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

LonBon wrote: »
    Hi all,

Considering moving from Ashtown to Palmerstown/Lucan area and would like some advice on the best areas to rent please. I drive to work in Citywest and my boyfriend works in the IFSC so it would have to be easily accessible for both of us.

I know there's a LIDL in Palmerstown but what other large supermarkets and amenities are in the area?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks :)

Palmerstown also has a good sized Supervalu and is only moments from Liffey Valley and has direct access to the M50 which runs by it. Oh and it's Aldi that's in Palmerstown. I think the nearest Lidl is Ballyfermot which is a few minutes drive away.

Lucan has a better village with more going on but Palmerstown is about a 15 minute bus journey from the city centre if traffic is ok and better M50 access.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,561 ✭✭✭Heroditas

There's far nicer places than Adamstown.

In my opinion, the places to look at in Lucan are:
    Beech Park/Grove,
    Lucan Heights
    Woodville
    Hermitage
    St. Andrews
    Bewley
    Esker Park
    Willsbrook
    Elmbrook
    Ballydowd
    Esker Meadow
    Esker Wood
    Larkfield
    Ballyowen Avenue/Drive etc

Also, all those places are near to buses

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,858 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

Heroditas wrote: »
    There's far nicer places than Adamstown.

In my opinion, the places to look at in Lucan are:
    Beech Park/Grove,
    Lucan Heights
    Woodville
    Hermitage
    St. Andrews
    Bewley
    Esker Park
    Willsbrook
    Elmbrook
    Ballydowd
    Esker Meadow
    Esker Wood
    Larkfield
    Ballyowen Avenue/Drive etc

Also, all those places are near to buses

Ah now in fairness, adamstown is nice, but depends what your looking for. If you want to listen to the noise of traffic on the n4 while relaxing in your back garden, go to the estates close to the n4.

If you want peace and quiet go further from the n4, Johnsbridge, Grange Manor, Old Forge, Finnstown. Of course going further means a bit longer on the bus, but also means you have a seat on the way in to town. If schools are important be very careful what parish you pick.

If your looking for an area close to a park, Griffeen Park is ideal, the park by ballyowen has seen trouble over the last few years.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

Whats Palmerstown like to live in ?

Advertisement