Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Documents needed for new insurance on car purchase

Options
  • 30-06-2015 4:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hi there,

I recently got a quote on a car I intend to buy. It's not registered under my name yet, and this is the first time I purchase a car insurance policy. My question is, what documents do I need to in order to buy the policy? Has the car to be registered under my name first?

Thanks.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 163 Verified rep Liberty Insurance: Una

Hi there,

I recently got a quote on a car I intend to buy. It's not registered under my name yet, and this is the first time I purchase a car insurance policy. My question is, what documents do I need to in order to buy the policy? Has the car to be registered under my name first?

Thanks.
    Hi irishpumpkin,
    Cover can be arranged over the phone so you wouldnt usually need to provide us with any documents. As long as you are in the process of changing the vehicle into your name we can go ahead with cover. Would you like me to arrange one of our Sales Team to give you a call?
    Una

• Registered Users Posts: 11 irishpumpkin

Hi there,

Thanks.
    Hi irishpumpkin,
    Cover can be arranged over the phone so you wouldnt usually need to provide us with any documents. As long as you are in the process of changing the vehicle into your name we can go ahead with cover. Would you like me to arrange one of our Sales Team to give you a call?
    Una
    Yes please, I can give you the quote reference over IM.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,760 ✭✭✭Effects

Make sure to check what your policy covers before you take out insurance. Liberty strip out a number of things that other insurers cover as standard. It shouldn't always come down to price

Advertisement