Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Excessive Weight gain

• 30-06-2015 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭

Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice in my normal day to day life I eat well and train 5 x times a week some days I might do a double session and eat realitivly healthy. I went on holidays the start of June for 12 days I enjoyed my holiday and ate and drank what I wanted as I had my kids with me I did only drink 3 alcoholic drinks a night my weight the morning I went on holiday was 9 stone 8 the day I returned I was 11 stone that's a whopping 20lb weight gain now obviously some of it was water weight but even still I find 20lbs a bit excessive especially as I'm at a fairly ok weight normally. I'm home 2 weeks now back training and eating my usual food obviously Ive lowered my calories a bit to undo the damage but il still weighing 10 stone 3 after 2 weeks. I would imagine the water retention and bloat is gone so I'm guessing it's actual weight gain now. It's just so upsetting when you are so good most of the time and train your ass off that you can't enjoy a holiday without months of damage to be rectified. Background information I was 15 stone about 4 years and have maintained my current weight for 2 years now even with these excessive gains I just find it so disheartening. Anyone else out there ever experienced this or any suggestions

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

elsy wrote: »
    Hi guys, I'm looking for some advice in my normal day to day life I eat well and train 5 x times a week some days I might do a double session and eat realitivly healthy. I went on holidays the start of June for 12 days I enjoyed my holiday and ate and drank what I wanted as I had my kids with me I did only drink 3 alcoholic drinks a night my weight the morning I went on holiday was 9 stone 8 the day I returned I was 11 stone that's a whopping 20lb weight gain now obviously some of it was water weight but even still I find 20lbs a bit excessive especially as I'm at a fairly ok weight normally. I'm home 2 weeks now back training and eating my usual food obviously Ive lowered my calories a bit to undo the damage but il still weighing 10 stone 3 after 2 weeks. I would imagine the water retention and bloat is gone so I'm guessing it's actual weight gain now. It's just so upsetting when you are so good most of the time and train your ass off that you can't enjoy a holiday without months of damage to be rectified. Background information I was 15 stone about 4 years and have maintained my current weight for 2 years now even with these excessive gains I just find it so disheartening. Anyone else out there ever experienced this or any suggestions

3 drinks a night for 12 nights is 36 drinks, a lot of calories is the end result. If you ate what you want for 12 days plus all the drinking you could easily have piled on plenty of weight. My suggestion would be to obviously pig out with a bit of moderation on holidays.

At the end of the day though it's a fooking holiday and I'm sure you enjoyed it. After 2 weeks of good eating you're up half a stone, big whoop. It's nothing 3 weeks of training and a good diet won't fix. If you enjoy eating copious amounts of crap while on holiday and can behave yourself the rest of the year then go for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,657 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

2 weeks after a great 2-week holiday you're 9 pounds heavier...but so what? You can burn that off in a few weeks without having to spend months rectifying anything.

Enjoying a holiday should never be considered doing damage.

Just go back to doing what you do, reflect on a great holiday and those memories will last a lot longer than those 9 pounds.

#begrand

Advertisement