Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PPI refund

Options
  • 30-06-2015 5:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi, I wonder if can help me please. I received a notice from BOI about PPI charges on my credit card. I applied for the refund as per instructions outlined in the letter. I have yet to hear back as to whether my claim is successful or not (over a month now) Can somebody please clarify the process and timelines here? Many thanks

Comments

junglelove wrote: »
    Hi, I wonder if can help me please. I received a notice from BOI about PPI charges on my credit card. I applied for the refund as per instructions outlined in the letter. I have yet to hear back as to whether my claim is successful or not (over a month now) Can somebody please clarify the process and timelines here? Many thanks
    Check your account transactions, I got nothing back from them in writing but noticed a payment made to my partners and my own account yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Tara P

junglelove wrote: »
    Check your account transactions, I got nothing back from them in writing but noticed a payment made to my partners and my own account yesterday.
    Hi junglelove,

Thanks for contacting us here on Boards.ie.

If you would like to check for an update on your recent application for a refund on PPI you can contact our PPI line directly on ph: 1890 923 704 and a representative will be happy to check this for you.

Thanks again,

Tara C

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Another no follow up contact but noticed a credit in my account today. It looks like a damage limitation exercise where no one is getting anything in writing admitting they were scammed. 

On the other hand I find it embarrassing to admit I paid into the scam for so long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi my3cents, 

We're sorry to hear you feel this way. 

Can we just confirm if you recent query was in regards to CPP or PPI and we will be happy to address your recent post. 

Thanks again, 
    Elaine 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Sorry my mistake CPP :o

Edit> Or maybe not, its hard to see where PPI ends and CPP begins checking online PPI is used as a blanket term that includes CPP.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Thanks for that my3cents,

We're delighted to hear that you received your refund. 

Just to confirm, Card Protection was an optional insurance policy offered to customers upon application of the Credit Card. Bank of Ireland and the provider of this Insurance Homecare, voluntarily entered into this redress scheme at the request of the Central Bank of Ireland, where eligible customers were given the opportunity to claim a refund of certain premiums.

Letters explaining this and including a claim form were issued to customers within this scope between the 30th of March and the 30th of April. Follow up reminder letters were also issued to any customer who had yet to return the form. 

As mentioned on our website here, 'the purpose of this redress scheme was to address the fact that some customers who opted for this insurance upon application may not have been provided with sufficient information as the product contained an element of cover for unauthorised use which was not required, as certain events were already covered by the card scheme'. 

All eligible customers will receive a refund plus an amount of fair value on interest to compensate for the lost use of any funds during the policy period. Letters will also be issued to any customer who made a claim, in order to confirm the outcome of the investigation. If you have not already received this letter, please call the dedicated support team on 1890 946 160 / +35376 6248023 and a representative will be more than happy to issue you a copy of this and indeed address any further concerns you may have regarding your claim. 

We hope this helps address your query and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to post again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement