Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterford City bus fares

Options
  • 30-06-2015 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, tomorrow morning I'll need to get either the 601 or 603 from the quay to WIT. How much does it cost and can you pay the bus driver when you get on like Dublin bus? Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

You can pay the driver, I think its 1.60, I'll double check. Are you arriving at the bus station or the train station?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Tis 2 euro now

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    You can pay the driver, I think its 1.60, I'll double check. Are you arriving at the bus station or the train station?

Bus station

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

i think the other city busses go from the clock tower, so you just have to walk down to you left, 100m to the next set of traffic lights after the ones outside the station.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,812 ✭✭✭thelad95

Excuse my ignorance but is the clock tower bus stop literally in front of the clock tower?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

It's beside it. You will see the shelter and people waiting so you can't really miss it. Those Buses accept leap cards now as far as I'm aware.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Gael23 wrote: »
    It's beside it. You will see the shelter and people waiting so you can't really miss it. Those Buses accept leap cards now as far as I'm aware.

Your probably right, as they accept the Free travel pass, but I don't think all of the busses have the validator yet.

Haven't seen any on the intercity route down here yet. Cork/Waterford.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,110 ✭✭✭✭Gael23

danjo-xx wrote: »
    Your probably right, as they accept the Free travel pass, but I don't think all of the busses have the validator yet.

Haven't seen any on the intercity route down here yet. Cork/Waterford.

No its only the small ones that go around town.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

Gael23 wrote: »
    No its only the small ones that go around town.

Will they eventually be on the intercity routes I wonder.

edit: apparently not as the bus type on these routes is not suitable for quick n easy entrance/exit.

Advertisement