Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone going to the Protest Thursday?

• 30-06-2015 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭

Protest against the cuts to Lone Parents organised outside the Labour office next Thursday, will you be supporting it?

Will You Be Supporting the Protest? 48 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    4% 2 votes
    Atari Jaguar
    70% 34 votes
    Maybe/Undecided
    25% 12 votes

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've added a poll to the thread, easier to complete the poll than add 1 word answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

You forgot maybe/undecided

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,998 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

wingnut wrote: »
    You forgot maybe/undecided

I've no idea what you mean
    <<
    >>
    <<

:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 285 ✭✭Knit wit

From ECI facebook page -

This Thursday, 2nd July, Minister O’Sullivan will host a public forum on behalf of the Labour Party on the issue of early years education and childcare. It will take place from 6.30-9pm at Pery's Best Western Hotel, Glentworth Street, Limerick and we encourage all our members who are available to attend and make your voice heard.
    Tánaiste Joan Burton, Professor Noirín Hayes, TCD and Ciairín De Buis, Director Start Strong will also be participating. Please confirm attendance in advance by emailing jan.osullivan@oir.ie.

Childcare is certainly an issue for all parents but for single parents the burden of childcare is double - perhaps this forum would be worth a look in ... let them hear first hand what it's like to have a choice of affordable accessible childcare in Limerick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

When will this Atari Jaguar thing end!

• Advertisement

myshirt wrote: »
    When will this Atari Jaguar thing end!

Hopefully never, it stems back to the founding of boards as a gaming forum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Clareman wrote: »
    Hopefully never, it stems back to the founding of boards as a gaming forum.

I've never noticed it before to be honest. What is the meaning/significance of it?

It seems like a genuine grievance here but I'm afraid I don't know enough to offer my full support:o

I've never noticed it before to be honest. What is the meaning/significance of it?

It seems like a genuine grievance here but I'm afraid I don't know enough to offer my full support:o

Boards was originally setup as a quake forum and polls used to be about PCs or macs or whatever, a few folks with Atari Jaguars used to feel left out so special dispensation was given, it had stayed on as a running joke since

Advertisement