Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

primer bulb leaks petrol?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 6:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭

I have a homelite hlm 140 hp sp. there is a primer bulb to be pressed three times before starting. now when i press it there is a drop of petrol on my hands. Just a tiny drop.

Is this dangerous and can it be fixed. As far as i know it was not always like that. only noticed it last week

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,647 ✭✭✭lazybones32

Check if it is a puncture in the bulb or if the hose connected is loosening.
    If it's a hole in the bulb, a drop of superglue will do. If the hose is loosening, reattach it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 89 ✭✭cannotcope

Check if it is a puncture in the bulb or if the hose connected is loosening.
    If it's a hole in the bulb, a drop of superglue will do. If the hose is loosening, reattach it.
    thanks will check these tomorrow

there is a hole in the bulb.i put some superglue on it. Is it a big job to replace the bulb if i have to?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,255 ✭✭✭tommy2bad

cannotcope wrote: »
    there is a hole in the bulb.i put some superglue on it. Is it a big job to replace the bulb if i have to?

Bulbs are available as spares, I'm not sure how generic they are but if you ask the shop will know. Easy enough to replace, they just pop directly into the position the flange acting as its own washer. Its getting at the retaining washer that's tricky, if you can see the screws, bobs your uncle. If you have to remove other stuff to get at them be careful replacing everything.
    The superglue might sort it out for a while so you have time to make enquiries.

I got a bulb but the mower starts and then conks out. Would this be the spark plug?

• Advertisement

There is a very slight incline in my garden. Very slight, a ball left on the ground would not roll down. But I noticed the lawnmower struggles when goping against it i.e 'uphill' it splutters and almost stops. Also when going sideways across. When going down' it's OK. What could that be? Not getting fuel when going 'uphill'

Advertisement