Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Siri Issue

• 30-06-2015 9:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Siri seems to be goosed on my iPhone 6. Just wondered has anyone else encountered the same issue?

- Siri doesn't seem to pick up my voice when talking directly into the phone
    - Siri works fine when using the apple earphone/mic & Bluetooth mic in my car is fine too
    - Microphone on the phone itself seems to be fine as no issues when using the phone for calls (also tested speakerphone). Voice memos work fine when talking into the phone
    - Turned Siri & dictation off/on and rebooted but no joy
    - Haven't restored the phone yet - would like to avoid if possible
    - Upgraded to 8.4 today but no change

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Weird. Do a restore and do an iCloud restore, which will preserve all your data. Might work...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Zcott wrote: »
    Weird. Do a restore and do an iCloud restore, which will preserve all your data. Might work...

Thanks for the reply. Tried a restore but no joy.

Ended up calling apple and have opted for the express replacement. Strange one...hardware seems to be fine (calls/video/voice memos all fine) and software also seems to be fine (proved by the restore). Tested with a Bluetooth headset after the restore and works fine

Advertisement