Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What food to bring on a camping trip?

Options
  • 30-06-2015 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭

3 kids aged 5/6 and 11 and two adults.

We will be camping beside a hostel, its their first time but I have camped and hosteled before but looking for new ideas .........

Popcorn / oil / salt and obviously a gas or oil burner is a great idea.

Dry pasta and tins of Green giant sweet corn mmmm

Anyone got any good ideas?

We are going to bring breakfast stuff rashers/eggs/sausages but wondering about food that can be cooked easily in a hostel situation even.

Thanks ...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

bring a stew for first night have it already cooked and frozen and put in an ice box you could bring rice onion and chorizo and make a Paella for second night. or as you said sausages and rashers you will be near a shop I assume so you are really only limited by how many stoves/ burners you have.

I suppose you would be killed if you presented them with porridge for breakfast! :D

Don't forget a kettle!

then Sandwiches

try to bring a table to cut things on

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

If they like noodles, nothing is easier to cook while camping. And you can add almost anything to them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭worded

Hi,

Thanks for ideas ...

Breakfast is covered.

Pre cooked sausages that can be cooked on sharpened sticks over a fire - (polish shops) do they need to be kept refrigerated?

Advertisement