Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No flowers on begonias

Options
  • 30-06-2015 10:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭

HELP.......for some reason this year I have no flowers yet, or any sign of buds, on my Begonias?

All with really healthy & luscious leaves but no colour ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 47 hardtrier

Sorry, don't know about begonias but does anyone know - would it not be time for Sweet William to have flowered?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,401 ✭✭✭✭Supercell

My tuberous begonias are only now starting to flower, make sure you are keeping them well fed and watered, the weather in Dublin (and probably Kildare) has been very dry over the last month or so.

Have a weather station?, why not join the Ireland Weather Network - http://irelandweather.eu/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Feed them with a high potash feed like Tomorite.

Hairdrier, Sweet William are usually grown as a biennial so it would depend on when the seed was sown but mature plants should be flowering now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,655 ✭✭✭1966

Supercell wrote: »
    My tuberous begonias are only now starting to flower, make sure you are keeping them well fed and watered, the weather in Dublin (and probably Kildare) has been very dry over the last month or so.

Thanks so much......just noticed what looks like a bud this evening (hope it's not another leaf).....time will tell.

Advertisement