Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beware Calais & Eurotunnel closures

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭

If you are booked on a landbridge deal or going to France via Dover in the next while, keep an eye on what's happening. Strikes and immigration issues are closing both Eurotunnel and Calais port. The tunnel is operating intermittently, while Calais is closed till Thursday. Most affected are P&O customers, as DFDS are rerouting everything to Dunkirk, and promised to accommodate all customers.

Sailing to UK on Thursday, and (supposedly) to France on Friday...
    Watch this space

Can't bate the French for a good oul' strike

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭murria

Hi Trailerbob, I will be very interested to hear how you get on. We are sailing to Holyhead Sunday morning and hopefully taking Eurotunnel to Calais Sunday evening.

The tunnel seems to be ok at the moment but its the traffic tailbacks that have me concerned. Hope you get on ok, we'll think positive thoughts.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,515 ✭✭✭TrailerBob

Hi, I'll update this on Friday as and when we see how it goes. Traffic is a concern alright. Hopefully it will be a bit better by then

Advertisement