Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSN carrd not valid-help

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭

I wonder could you folks help me. About a month ago I got a PS4 from Argos. I also picked a 20 Euro PSN top up card. I tried it and it said it was invalid.
    I went down to Argos and they said it needed to be validated. So I tried it again and it still didn't work. At this I was so pissed off I just forgot about it and enjoyed playing my PS4. Anyway, I still have the card and the receipt. I don't want to go down to Argos again as it was an exercise in frustration.
    Can I email Sony to get help?

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Merces wrote: »
    I wonder could you folks help me. About a month ago I got a PS4 from Argos. I also picked a 20 Euro PSN top up card. I tried it and it said it was invalid.
    I went down to Argos and they said it needed to be validated. So I tried it again and it still didn't work. At this I was so pissed off I just forgot about it and enjoyed playing my PS4. Anyway, I still have the card and the receipt. I don't want to go down to Argos again as it was an exercise in frustration.
    Can I email Sony to get help?

Thanks. :)

Contact Sony and see if they can help you, probably safer off ringing them rather than e-mailing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭Merces

I only have a mobile so I'd probably ending up spending a fortune on credit. If they can't sort it out over email I'll just chalk it down to experience and us my credit card rather than buying vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭elfy4eva

Just a guess, but about a month ago argos were selling off 1 year subscriptions to PS + for €15 (appeared as a bargain alert on here). They were codes for UK accounts only. If the box your card came in has a UK flag on the box, it can only be used with a UK PSN account. As far as I know. hope that helps.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,405 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

elfy4eva wrote: »
    Just a guess, but about a month ago argos were selling off 1 year subscriptions to PS + for €15 (appeared as a bargain alert on here). They were codes for UK accounts only. If the box your card came in has a UK flag on the box, it can only be used with a UK PSN account. As far as I know. hope that helps.

thought it was only the stock photo that carried the uk flag, but what was sold was the irish sub?

thought it was only the stock photo that carried the uk flag, but what was sold was the irish sub?

Thanks but it has an Irish flag on it and it's in Euro. I'm looking at it now and it says "No value until activated at the till". The thing is I brought it back and the manager activated it at the till, apparently. Weird.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I know it might sound silly but are you 100% you are entering the right letters and numbers. Reason I'm saying is that I was trying to redeem a DLC card last week. I entered it in about 4-5 times and it just said invalid. It only had a UK flag on it and I figured that was the problem but the other 2 cards with the UK flags worked. So I tried it again and discovered that a piece of dirt on that card was making one letter look like another and the it worked.

I know it might sound silly but are you 100% you are entering the right letters and numbers. Reason I'm saying is that I was trying to redeem a DLC card last week. I entered it in about 4-5 times and it just said invalid. It only had a UK flag on it and I figured that was the problem but the other 2 cards with the UK flags worked. So I tried it again and discovered that a piece of dirt on that card was making one letter look like another and the it worked.

Totally. I tried doing about twelve times now.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Are you entering it all Capitals?

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Are you entering it all Capitals?

Yeah, it's printed out in all caps though.

Advertisement