Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Low Fares Flights in The Far East

• 30-06-2015 11:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

I'll be in Japan/Korea/China next spring and I'm looking into booking to go from Tokyo/Osaka to Seoul. I've found a few cheap airlines (Jeju, EastarJet and Peach). They all seem to only allow booking of cheap fares for flights within the next ~ 4 months.

Is this normal for the region? Does anyone know of an alternative I could book now (while I have the cash :P)?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

I'll be in Hong Kong (among other places) and was looking at crossing into Shenzhen in mainland China. Presumably I'll be free to move about by myself while there, or does anyone know if I need to be part of a guided tour?

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭anto9

You might get something on www.airasia.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭lc180

tolosenc wrote: »
    I'll be in Japan/Korea/China next spring and I'm looking into booking to go from Tokyo/Osaka to Seoul. I've found a few cheap airlines (Jeju, EastarJet and Peach). They all seem to only allow booking of cheap fares for flights within the next ~ 4 months.

Is this normal for the region? Does anyone know of an alternative I could book now (while I have the cash :P)?

I flew from Osaka Kansai airport to Seoul last November with Peach Airlines . I noticed the exact thing. What I did was set up an 'Alert' email on Skyscanner that contacts you as soon as the price changes. I had to wait a few months but I eventually got an email when the cheap flights became available and I booked straight away.

Would recommend Peach, they are fine to fly with. Kind of an Asian Ryanair so to speak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 422 ✭✭Popeleo

tolosenc wrote: »
    I'll be in Hong Kong (among other places) and was looking at crossing into Shenzhen in mainland China. Presumably I'll be free to move about by myself while there, or does anyone know if I need to be part of a guided tour?

You'll be fine on your own - it's not North Korea. Getting your China visa sorted takes a little planning but then you're free to do what you want.*

(* within reason - waving an imperial Japanese flag while dressed in drag may cause you some difficulties...)

Advertisement