Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Poor Water Flow at House

Options
  • 30-06-2015 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

Hi,

I have a problem with poor mains water flow in my property. The length of 1/2" pipe from the mains at the road to the first tap in my house is approx 75m. I get a flow of around 5 L/m at this first tap. However, if I test the flow from the mains stop value at the road I get almost 20 l/m. I'm guessing the 75m of half inch is reducing the flow due to friction in the pipe.

Would increasing the pipe from 1/2" to 3/4" or 1" help my flow rate?

I am not too concerned about pressure as in the house I have an EPS 300L Multi-Boost Water System which is great, my problem is that when running the shower, washing machine, washing dishes close together, we use the water quicker than the mains can replenish the Multi-Boost and so it cuts out to prevent dry running.

I am starting some ground works later this week so this would be the ideal time to get the pipe in if it will help.

Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 rhennessy

No one has had any experience with this? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,526 ✭✭✭JohnnieK

rhennessy wrote: »
    No one has had any experience with this? Thanks

I take it that this was always the case and is not a recent occurrence!

You have answered the question in your original post. Increasing the size will indeed help increase the flow rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,002 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

It sounds like you could have a leak on your property.

Advertisement