Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Partner being chatted up

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,768 ✭✭✭✭tomwaterford

I have two main groups of friends. One group are my friends I've grown up with and went to school and college with, that's still my core group which has expanded out to encompass friends other half's and some other friends of theirs. Second group of friends are the people I work with for the last few years. I have no random friends, don't even have friends from undergrad as most of my school friends went to college or university in the same city so we stuck in the same group throughout (obviously we got to know people but never made any lasting friends).

Do you not fear you'll not grow up/mature at different rates and outgrow your old friends??

I've never heard anyone not to make friends in collage??
    Jesus I done like 10 weeks on apprenticeship thing and still get on with people I went with

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,554 ✭✭✭Pat Mustard

Bridge93 wrote: »
    While we all say we can't stand the creeps, we can take comfort from the fact they are exactly that. Sad, lonely creeps who will wake up eventually and cringe thinking of what they do.

Being a creep is a lifestyle unto itself. Creeps for-eva :pac:

Do you not fear you'll not grow up/mature at different rates and outgrow your old friends??

Well we are all hitting 30 or more now and are still as good friends as 1st year in secondary school so we certainly didn't out grow each other, we pretty much all have gone through the different stages of life at the same time. For instance there is lots of the group getting married now with a wedding every few months from the group.

The good friends from work are more recently made friends but the friendships started out as work colleagues and went from there.
    I've never heard anyone not to make friends in collage??
    Jesus I done like 10 weeks on apprenticeship thing and still get on with people I went with

Depends on your definition of make friends, I got to know people in my year but never any sort proper friendships, few drinks and a chat at class parties, say hello and hang around if bumping into them on a night out but never arranging meet ups with them and I'm in touch with no one who I only got to
    Know in university.

Two of my best friends from school did the same course, a few more friends similar courses and even more were in the IT in the same city so our nights out were alway the same group from school and hanging around in the university was the same we hung around with the people we were already good friends with.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 854 ✭✭✭dubscottie

If its my OH and a woman, I just giggle and watch him try to get out of it..

I thought of this video when i seen this thread :D

Sure what's the point of going out at all if you're going to be like that? May as well just have a few cans with your friends at home

Yea I like people - I like people watching - meeting them - and being part of culture. I do not get the mentality of wanting to go out and isolate yourself in public and talking to no one.

I have no issue with my partners getting chatted up and enjoying the attention and having fun. I am not insecure or worried by it - and it is kinda fun in its own way. They are very pretty girls. Guys like them. Especially if they cop the dynamic between them that they are actually together too. At which point some guys think there might be a chance for a threesome - or some other less pleasant guys who think they can shag the lesbianism or bisexuality out of them as if all that girls into girls need is a penis to cure them.

But for the most part they are nice guys, pleasant, so why be bothered by it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,052 ✭✭✭Un Croissant

Dont forget about those who skip the chatting up stage and go straight in for the shift.

It must work, but I can't help feeling bad for them. :D

I also know some girls who will shift a persistant guy just to finally get rid of him. A sad state of affairs.

I saw a guy trying that once in a bar but whatever way he timed the move the girl had just lowered her head or some such. So he basically ended up getting head butted on the nose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,476 ✭✭✭✭Ush1

A bit of a scrap is always good for a bit of craic though, adds a bit of life to the night out!!

Says a man with 11,000 odd posts on an internet message board. I'd say you'd wet your knickers in a fight.

Ush1 wrote: »
    Says a man with 11,000 odd posts on an internet message board. I'd say you'd wet your knickers in a fight.

Of course, how silly of me, I forgot the correlation between posts on boards and fear of confrontation.

Also about two posts later I said I was of course joking about wanting to get involved in scraps on nights out...doesn't mean I would back from one though ;).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

You've over 7000 posts yourself. Going by your logic you wouldn't be great in a fight either. I suppose all those people in the martial arts forums would wet their knickers in a fight too?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8 Cinquelimoni

I often chat to loads of people I don't know. Even during the daytime, was with my wife's sister in a shopping center when she spotted a woman walking into a lingerie shop with leggings she really like. She said she really wanted to know where she got them, so I told her to ash her. She wouldn't do it so I went into the lingerie shop to ask the woman where she bought her leggings. So people do talk to the opposite sex without wanting to chat them up.

You've over 7000 posts yourself. Going by your logic you wouldn't be great in a fight either. I suppose all those people in the martial arts forums would wet their knickers in a fight too?

I never proclaimed to seek fights or be good at it. Most people I see that try to start fights aren't generally good at it though. Their ego has confused liking a fight with wanting to beat someone up which are two different things.

Ask on the martial arts forum if anyone goes around starting fights. In fact, walk into any martial arts gym in Ireland and ask do they go around starting fights in bars or clubs.

I never proclaimed to seek fights or be good at it.

No but you did proclaim that nox wouldn't be good at it based on the number of posts he has on here. Where's the logic in that?

No but you did proclaim that nox wouldn't be good at it based on the number of posts he has on here. Where's the logic in that?

No that was only part of it. Read what I said again.

No that was only part of it. Read what I said again.

It was 2 sentences. I don't need to read it again. You said he had 11,000 odd posts and that he'd wet his knickers in a fight. And I ask where is the logic in that?

It was 2 sentences. I don't need to read it again. You said he had 11,000 odd posts and that he'd wet his knickers in a fight. And I ask where is the logic in that?

The logic is someone who goes around starting in fights in a club, i' d have trouble believing they post on an internet message board that much. So that's part 1. The second element is that people who start fights in such circumstances generally aren't good at fighting. Is it any clearer for you now?

The logic is someone who goes around starting in fights in a club, i' d have trouble believing they post on an internet message board that much. So that's part 1. The second element is that people who start fights in such circumstances generally aren't good at fighting. Is it any clearer for you now?

He has been a member since 2007. His number of posts is completely irrelevant.

He has been a member since 2007. His number of posts is completely irrelevant.

Excellent, thanks for the info.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I have nearly 8000 posts and I start fights all the time, and I've never lost, so there goes your theory.

Although to be fair, I only start fights with my girlfriend. She's a lot smaller than me so I'm guaranteed to win. It's usually when she does something stupid like talk to people other than me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Dickie10

anyone ever in the situation where the guy goes off for a drink to find his OH chatting away to the guy thatchatted her up then introducing her OH to this guy and laughing at all his jokes and saying he is so funny and "why are u single?" etc This happened me! the other half then just stood their with his drink looking around as yer one chats her head off to me about sport etc. felt very bad for the OH and started to chat him for a minute, before saying how nice it was to meet THEM and i might see them around, a few weeks later i meet them out again and yer one runs over with a big smile saying we should have a drink with them! now im kind of friends with her and him to a lesser extent!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

im in the middle of a fist fight right now

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭Stealthfins

My exe girlfriend was like that,constantly winding me up.
    Telling me how gorgeous she was etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Dickie10 wrote: »
    anyone ever in the situation where the guy goes off for a drink to find his OH chatting away to the guy thatchatted her up then introducing her OH to this guy and laughing at all his jokes and saying he is so funny and "why are u single?" etc This happened me! the other half then just stood their with his drink looking around as yer one chats her head off to me about sport etc. felt very bad for the OH and started to chat him for a minute, before saying how nice it was to meet THEM and i might see them around, a few weeks later i meet them out again and yer one runs over with a big smile saying we should have a drink with them! now im kind of friends with her and him to a lesser extent!

Maybe I'm just drunk but this makes no sense?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,498 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Well if your OH is entertaining being chatted up then you need to have a chat with her and not the guy

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,107 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

The worst girls are the wans who have gay best friends

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

bee06 wrote: »

Its a confusing read but basically I think the jist of it is he is the guy who chats up a girl who is already in a relationship. Her OH comes back over and she proceeds to say how cool the OP is, laughing at all his jokes (this part may be due to his level of drunkness and may not be true), chatting to him about sport while her OH just stands there looking around him. The OP feels sorry for him and chats to him for a bit before heading off. Then a few weeks later bumps into them again and now thinks they are good friends, or at least he is with her..not so much her OH.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

I'm drunk too but read it three times and I finally think that the writer is the guy who chatted up the girl while the girl's OH went to get a drink. Then the writer found it a bit awkward when the guy came back, but manfully decided not to let on he'd been doing any chatting up at all, and now they're all friends, but the writer is a bit weirded out because the girl is really full-on.

Amirite??!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Axwell wrote: »
    Its a confusing read but basically I think the jist of it is he is the guy who chats up a girl who is already in a relationship. Her OH comes back over and she proceeds to say how cool the OP is, laughing at all his jokes (this part may be due to his level of drunkness and may not be true), chatting to him about sport while her OH just stands there looking around him. The OP feels sorry for him and chats to him for a bit before heading off. Then a few weeks later bumps into them again and now thinks they are good friends, or at least he is with her..not so much her OH.

Got there before me! Wow, I must not be that drunk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Axwell wrote: »

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for the translation! I'd say the OP is in there if he plays his cards right ;)

• Advertisement

Ah, that makes more sense. Thanks for the translation! I'd say the OP is in there if he plays his cards right ;)

Or he was very drunk and is exaggerating how things really went down because that's how drunk himself remembers it as oppose to what really happened. She prob laughed at one joke being nice and when her OH came back she was being polite for a few mins before saying nice to meet you and her OH hinting to feck off. Then bumped into him a few weeks later and smiled and the OP decided to suggest they should all have a drink together again instead of her.

But sure who knows maybe she is grooming him for a threesome :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭melissak

Every time I go out with my sister she accuses me of being chatted up or encouraging someone to chat me up, even though everyone in the area that I talk to knows I am in a relationship. I don't know why, just being friendly, why would I go out and not chat to people If they talk to me?I don't think I do atall and no-one else has ever mentioned it so I think it is just her. I don't go out with her anymore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,412 ✭✭✭corner of hells

melissak wrote: »
    Every time I go out with my sister she accuses me of being chatted up or encouraging someone to chat me up, even though everyone in the area that I talk to knows I am in a relationship. I don't know why, just being friendly, why would I go out and not chat to people If they talk to me?I don't think I do atall and no-one else has ever mentioned it so I think it is just her. I don't go out with her anymore.

So , do you come here often ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,398 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    The worst girls are the wans who have gay best friends

The blokes in these situations are odious creatures most of the time too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,786 ✭✭✭wakka12

I thought it was just me!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,208 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

While it's a somewhat vulgar famous dublin saying it's all very true and that is "most blokes would ride your bird in front of you let alone anything else"

I've known guys who flat out didn't care one bit if a girl had a boyfriend or husband. To quote someone I knew one night in a pub while trying to get stuck into a girl who had a boyfriend.... "well he's not here is he" - and he ended up wearing the face of her that night too. So she was even worse.

So if someone tried to chat up the woman who I've been with for 6 years and love I would have no problem letting them know she is with me. Should they not care and still proceed or try again? Well, people have started fights for less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Dickie10

yes thats about it, dont think i exagerrated things but i lost intrest once i knew she had a boyfriend, wasnt that good looking anyway, but i think she will prob pull the plug on her boyfriend but wont be me she will be going off with

Don't care at all.. After four years, we don't even go out together most nights. I'd head in around 5 or 6 and be home around 10 or 11 usually. She goes out around 8 and gets home around 3.

She gets chatted up a lot but whatever. Her best friend's husband is the jealous type so will end up meeting them and causing issues.. They hate it.

Dickie10 wrote: »
    yes thats about it, dont think i exagerrated things but i lost intrest once i knew she had a boyfriend, wasnt that good looking anyway, but i think she will prob pull the plug on her boyfriend but wont be me she will be going off with

Spots good looking girl, chats her up. Finds out she has a bf. "She wasnt that good looking anyways.." Classic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,715 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Some fellas really lose the rag though when they see someone chatting up their gf kinda forgetting that the guy isn't a mind reader and doesn't know she is with someone.

Happened to me years ago when I started talking to someone and next thing this fella came out of nowhere and took a swing at me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Happened to me years ago when I started talking to someone and next thing this fella came out of nowhere and took a swing at me.

If my boyfriend even attempted to do something like that, he would be gone. How could people put up with that sort of jealousy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

Don't care at all.. After four years, we don't even go out together most nights. I'd head in around 5 or 6 and be home around 10 or 11 usually. She goes out around 8 and gets home around 3.

She gets chatted up a lot but whatever. Her best friend's husband is the jealous type so will end up meeting them and causing issues.. They hate it.

I don't really know how to say this but ......... I'll just say it straight out ......... your missus is obviously f*cking around behind your back, sorry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,531 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

MadDog76 wrote: »
    I don't really know how to say this but ......... I'll just say it straight out ......... your missus is obviously f*cking around behind your back, sorry.
    How did you draw that conclusion?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,880 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

I normally start telling my missus to tell him about my youngest one having nits and how there is a problem with head lice in the school.
    Then I tell him about the time my middle girl got diarrhoea in the taxi when we were on holidays. Then I take my phone out to show him a picture of the ear infection my eldest had and how the pus just oozed out of it.

"Hello, hello. Oh he's gone. He seemed nice didn't he"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,522 ✭✭✭StudentDad

My wife has been hit on over the years. Some get the hint fairly quickly that she's not interested, others aren't as bright. What irritates me are the ones that take offence; and get all upset when they hear, 'I'm with my husband' or variants of such. It comes across like how dare you be married etc.

For me I was out on the town with friends, few years ago now. I was propositioned by a woman. I declined, she got all upset because I said I'm married.

SD

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

What if 'prick teasing' is thrown into play? Or the woman likes the flattery, courts the flattery. Women have a lot of power here, such is the idiocy and primal nature of men.

I estimate a 10% reduction in prick teasing could lead to a 20% decrease in men bucking horns.

myshirt wrote: »
    What if 'prick teasing' is thrown into play? Or the woman likes the flattery, courts the flattery. Women have a lot of power here, such is the idiocy and primal nature of men.

I estimate a 10% reduction in prick teasing could lead to a 20% decrease in men bucking horns.

I totally read that as something else. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I totally read that as something else. :D

Ok, two men crossing swords then, if you want to put it a different way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

While it's a somewhat vulgar famous dublin saying it's all very true and that is "most blokes would ride your bird in front of you let alone anything else"

I've known guys who flat out didn't care one bit if a girl had a boyfriend or husband. To quote someone I knew one night in a pub while trying to get stuck into a girl who had a boyfriend.... "well he's not here is he" - and he ended up wearing the face of her that night too. So she was even worse.

So if someone tried to chat up the woman who I've been with for 6 years and love I would have no problem letting them know she is with me. Should they not care and still proceed or try again? Well, people have started fights for less.

I pity the fool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 661 ✭✭✭exador

My missus asked me if I ever had sex behind her back ?

I said " Well who did you think it was "

Advertisement