Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

L85 Army or G&G.

Options
  • 01-07-2015 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

Need some spares for my army A85. Anybody have une for buy as spares? Need gearbox and metal body. Cheers.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Have an Army one fully working minus the blowback with a G&G piston in it here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 Laucho

JamieIsGod wrote:
    Have an Army one fully working minus the blowback with a G&G piston in it here

How much are you asking fur it? Need as spare amigo.
    Thanks

Laucho wrote:
    Need some spares for my army A85. Anybody have une for buy as spares? Need gearbox and metal body. Cheers.

Laucho wrote:

Basically my gearbox have a lever broken, is the outside lever (I think) select single-burst. The problem is than I have to buy the body again of the gearbox because the lever is screw to the body. Any idea what is this lever for? Can I use without it?

How can I upload a photo of it? Any admin help please?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭ajeganwalsh21

I have an army L85, missing a selector switch. What's your price range?

11073249_10206585105375943_3324201312147793301_n.jpg?oh=a33cbe1c69cc1e58d46a54dd7cf086c3&oe=56259B7C

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭JamieIsGod

Laucho wrote: »
    How much are you asking fur it? Need as spare amigo.
    Thanks

For 110 I'll throw in a SUSAT sight

I have an army L85, missing a selector switch. What's your price range?

Circa 50 to 60€

I'm looking for 80. I'm in virginia, cavan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭LeeHarvey

Laucho, I bought a second hand Army R85 empty body and completely rebuilt it into a SA80A2.
    Unless the body of your gun has been damaged I would say it can be salvaged with some know how. As far as your gearbox goes. - I bought a brand new one from a company in Hong Kong for about €75 including shipping.

• Advertisement

LeeHarvey wrote:
    Laucho, I bought a second hand Army R85 empty body and completely rebuilt it into a SA80A2. Unless the body of your gun has been damaged I would say it can be salvaged with some know how. As far as your gearbox goes. - I bought a brand new one from a company in Hong Kong for about €75 including shipping.

Thanks amigo. The replica it's ok. The problem is clear in the first photo (mine), there is a lever broken. You can compare with the second photo (new original gear). Do you know why is that lever for?

Btw, I can't find the gearbox in a reasonable price on internet.

Thanks a lot !!

Yes I see it clearly, the part that you are talking about is a latch that holds the "bolt" open so you can adjust your HOP.
    To release your bolt you push the green lever behind and just beneath the bolt, this lets the bolt move forward and close.

Sorry, should have mentioned - your gun will work perfectly without the bolt release working, it's more of a superficial add-on feature that you don't really need.

LeeHarvey wrote:
    Sorry, should have mentioned - your gun will work perfectly without the bolt release working, it's more of a superficial add-on feature that you don't really need.

Ohh, let me see if I understand well. This broken piece of the gearbox is not necessary fur work? What the difference with or without in the operation?

Did you change the original 19 tooth piston?

Thanks

Try using SR25 parts and asking the seller for compatibility before purchase.
    Use a polycarbonate piston with all steel teeth and the problem will not arise.
    Your broken latch will not affect your gun in any way except that you can't release the "bolt" forward from locking to the rear.
    The gun will shoot fine.

LeeHarvey wrote:
    Try using SR25 parts and asking the seller for compatibility before purchase. Use a polycarbonate piston with all steel teeth and the problem will not arise. Your broken latch will not affect your gun in any way except that you can't release the "bolt" forward from locking to the rear. The gun will shoot fine.

Thanks so much amigo, very helpful your information. I will make the changes and will keep you on touch.

Are you in Kildare?

No problem, if you need any more help or tips give me a jingle here.
    Yep I work in Kildare.

LeeHarvey wrote:
    No problem, if you need any more help or tips give me a jingle here. Yep I work in Kildare.

Hello, unsuccessfully. Unfortunately when I open the gearbox completely for clean and put new grease, it was in pieces. It was totally broken from inside. Few smart parts was broken, include the trigger mechanism, etc. Have to get one replacement. The problem fur buy a new gearbox, is than you now can buy a second hand L85 for less than 100€ and the spare some places are near this.

I would like to buy a spare from another gun, or simple another gun.

Thanks.

Go for the second hand L85 so, it would be your best option.
    You would have spare parts for the body of the gun and internally.
    But unless you buy better parts the same thing will happen again.
    Either way you will have to spend money.

JamieIsGod wrote:
    For 110 I'll throw in a SUSAT sight

Sorry amigo, I don't understand your point, (I'm lost in the translation) how much you ask for your L85?

Thanks

• Advertisement

What's the story Laucho you still interested or what?

Sorry man I give up with this AEG.

PM sent

Thanks a lot for the Offer

Advertisement