Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

deadliest catch

• 01-07-2015 12:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭

This is very underrated. I have watched it since day 1 as Ive had experience on crab boats , obviously not on the bering sea though:pac:

Elliot being a boat owner, absolutley loaded to a junkie smoking heroin in the toilets of his boat :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

poor elliot , was a sad montage at the end

showing him being a skipper at 28, boat owner of a multi million pound boat at 32 and by 34 a heroin addict with nothing :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

poor elliot , was a sad montage at the end

showing him being a skipper at 28, boat owner of a multi million pound boat at 32 and by 34 a heroin addict with nothing :(
    It's really a great show, I take it you are watching the UK pace? I'm watching the us pace. I love this show, you will see a lot more of the crab mens life's as it goes on

elliot left the boat after working on deck and giving the wheel house to someone else

end of the programme saw him driving off in a blue pickup truck and the other captains saying he wont return and best of luck

I hope he does return

• Registered Users Posts: 14,648 ✭✭✭✭skipper_G

elliot left the boat after working on deck and giving the wheel house to someone else

end of the programme saw him driving off in a blue pickup truck and the other captains saying he wont return and best of luck

I hope he does return

Ah even before he had his own boat, when he was on the Ramblin Rose he a bit of d**k. Never saw anything to make me like him much, I wouldn't wish ill of him though. Would be good to see him get clean.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I hope Eliot.doesn't return, he was always a bit of a d@@k. He treated his crew like s##t. Really feel sorry for his dad, having to work with him at the same time knowing what he's going through

• Advertisement

he is a prize asshole but he is brilliant tv viewing :pac:

he is a prize asshole but he is brilliant tv viewing :pac:

yeah agree, these kind of characters are compelling to watch especially in that setting

skipper_G wrote: »
    yeah agree, these kind of characters are compelling to watch especially in that setting

If you both like him, you are gonna love a new deck hand later on in the season ;):)

which boat?

I always think what boat I would like to work for. Sig's is guaranteed big money and a safe trip

sig is slave master though, 48 hours shifts

which boat?

I always think what boat I would like to work for. Sig's is guaranteed big money and a safe trip

sig is slave master though, 48 hours shifts
    The time bandit.
    Yea best boats to work on for me would be sig's or the time bandit

• Advertisement

I'd hate to work on the wizard or the saga or wild bills boat, can't think of its name

coburn's as well with all the in house love to freddy

freddy could punch coburn in the balls and hit him in the face with a crab and coburn would still fist pump the air and tell the cameras freddy is the best :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

I love Jake! I'd say he's the most clumsiest f*cker in the fleet haha :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Which series are ye talking about here thats good (the heroin addict one)? I watched it years ago but gave up when it all became a bit boring and staged, the usual reality curse, wouldn't mind downloading this series if its gotten good again...

the last 3 seasons have focussed more on their personal lives. The main focus is still the fishing and the quotas.

I never really got the impression that it was ever staged unless you mean that they would show everything going against the particular boat and the last 5 mins they would get the winning pots and make a profit and all go home happy?

Think to be fair all boats do make a profit unless some mechanical failure on the boat eating into their earnings and its just edited for time purposes

I liked the season when Jake had a breakdown, was pretty harsh viewing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,964 ✭✭✭✭Thargor

Maybe not staged but they're always going on about the same crap, the stack is too high, the greenhorn didnt tie the pot properly, it all became filler towards the end when I quit.

yeah, that makes sense tbf. Probably the reason they moved a little more to their personal lives to give the show more substance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭BobMc

Elliotts been on a slippery slope for some seasons, his mind comes and goes, first he was all Val 'd up that hit the rocks, had some bird on board another season, I can only imagine after rehab his personal life has hit another downer taking him back to the drugs, shame to see him shoot it all way. Been a fan for years seen em all, the UK version has all the swearing if I recall the US version is heavily bleeped, so prefer our own version, didnt like the US narrator either

he went crazy with the val business

not surprising stuck in a wheel house 1000s of miles away knowing your sife is being plowed by one of your mates :eek::(

that was cringeworthy when he brought the random girl along with him on a trip :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Gotta love the staged phone calls between Elliot and Jake asking him to be skipper. Looking forward to Sigs reaction.

Be interested to see what happens to the new head the ball on the Timebandit, can't see the Hillstrands allowing that carry on.

• Advertisement

Youve just watched the same episode as me. I can't see that guy lasting on the time bandit. Maybe on ships like the wizard where they put up with bullying, but not with Andy and Jonathan.
    I just read that Josh is now a deckhand on the time bandit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 434 ✭✭All in all

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    Youve just watched the same episode as me. I can't see that guy lasting on the time bandit. Maybe on ships like the wizard where they put up with bullying, but not with Andy and Jonathan.
    I just read that Josh is now a deckhand on the time bandit.

I didn't think that Josh would go back to the timebandit after he got politely pushed off by Johnathan before to get the Cornelia Marie up and running.

There never seems to be any mention of Jake Harris anymore, he was going an Elliot like road the last time we saw him.

he was a full blown junkie

he was mentioned in a show before the new season started that he cleaned out josh's dad's family home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,682 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

what channel is it on these days?

disc channel

9pm tue nights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,920 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Josh Harris, that guy is no captain. Giant douche with rat like features.

Definitely missing something here, Jake anderson. Great deckhand and engineer but has had very little experience skippering and sailing a boat. When he was on the northern western 2 weeks ago he could barely manoeuvre the boat to the pots, now he is going to do all this for elliot?

Looks like the next few weeks could be very good, however I have noticed that they are padding the episodes with very little at times, im always looking at my watch thinking only 15 mins left and nothing of note has happened

Watchin this now on Discovery. I don't like Captain "Wild Bill". Last couple of episodes really have me convinced he's a d**k

I thought it wasnt on last night? I checked and all I saw was a 2 hour ****fest of bear ****er

What time was it on?

• Advertisement

I thought it wasnt on last night? I checked and all I saw was a 2 hour ****fest of bear ****er

What time was it on?

You on UPC ? I had the same thing, must have been a problem with the EPG but it was on at 9. I watched it on Discovery +1 at 10

Advertisement