Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shed; recommendations

Options
  • 01-07-2015 1:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭

Hello
    Can anyone recommend a shed company (or who to avoid) in Kerry please?
    We are looking to buy a shed possibly steel, but open to other ideas.
    Would appreciate any recommendations from people's own experiences.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I know gardensheds4less.ie are installing in Kerry around 23rd July (I've booked one)

At the end of the day, it depends what you want the shed for. If its just for storage of tools, then you won't have an issue.

Generally you'll get what you pay for - my 8x6 will be 479 using T&G shiplap. Cheaper rustic version is under 400.

Most displays you see in garden places use one of 3 or 4 companies, so even if you check displays in 5 places, they may alll be from the one company.

• Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

Hi delahuntv
    Thanks for that info. I was thinking that they are probably all using one or three various shed manufacturers anyway. That makes my decision a lot easier.
    Have two companies getting back to me tomorrow with a quote so will work from there.
    This shed has been on the longfinger for a good while now!
    I will look at gardenshedsforless.ie now too.
    Thanks again for reply and info.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Steeltech sheds in ballyseede garden centre are pretty good. I think you need to lay a foundation for them though.

Hi xxyyzz
    Thanks for that, Am looking at steeltech for sure I'd say based on a few recommendations.
    Good to get one more.
    Thank you again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Wang King

John McHale, he of Stretford end bar still does them I believe.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 203 ✭✭AndersLimpar

I have a steeltech shed and would highly recommend it. You do need to put down foundations for it though and once installed you need to lay a floor inside it to keep everything out. Its a little expensive when you add in everything needed but its a once a lifetime purchase and is worth every penny.

Thank you both for recommendations. Steeltech looking good so far. Agree on the investment aspect, wish we did it when building! Hindsight is a great thing.
    Thanks again for all info.

Advertisement