Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I really not get fibre broadband or how long will it be before I can.

Options
  • 01-07-2015 2:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭

According to the 'fiber broadband coverage map' there is a 'live fibre cabinet' 61m from my house (just across the road practically) and another one 291m away, but I can't get it at my house when I check my number and address.

Am looking to swap away from our current provider but before going to UPC, I thought I would ask on here.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

eamonnq wrote: »
    According to the 'fiber broadband coverage map' there is a 'live fibre cabinet' 61m from my house (just across the road practically) and another one 291m away, but I can't get it at my house when I check my number and address.

Am looking to swap away from our current provider but before going to UPC, I thought I would ask on here.
    HI eamonnq

Please PM me your land line number and I'll look in to this for you

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Sent that PM yesterday Alan, thanks

Sent that PM yesterday Alan, thanks
    Thanks eamonnq

The reason why your line can't get eFibre yet is because your line is served by cabinet number NWL1_004 which requires more upgrade works before launching. A date for launch is not yet agreed but indications suggest another three to four months. You can locate the cabinet location on this map: http://www.eircomwholesale.ie/Our_Network/ - click on NGA fibre broadband Network,

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Yes, I thought that might be the case, I guess I am just unlucky to be served by the only cabinet in the area that is still not upgraded. Loads of green ones all around it !!

Thanks anyway.

Yes, I thought that might be the case, I guess I am just unlucky to be served by the only cabinet in the area that is still not upgraded. Loads of green ones all around it !!

Thanks anyway.

No problem eamonnq

Keep an eye on that map and fingers crossed it won't be too long

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement