Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

make call to mobile number from hkc securewatch

Options
  • 01-07-2015 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Hi There. I have a Hkc secure watch alarm from 2002 not sure about the model. It was connected to landline Pstn for alarm monitoring. Is it possible to make the alarm call a mobile number instead of the monitoring one? Also one of the contact sensors is disabled on the system. I would like to repair the contact and then reactivate it.
    Thank you so much.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Maximo23 wrote: »
    Hi There. I have a Hkc secure watch alarm from 2002 not sure about the model. It was connected to landline Pstn for alarm monitoring. Is it possible to make the alarm call a mobile number instead of the monitoring one? Also one of the contact sensors is disabled on the system. I would like to repair the contact and then reactivate it.
    Thank you so much.

Up until yesterday you could of used the text feature for self monitoring on the alarm system.
    The alternative now is to sign up to SecureText (engineer access is required to set up) or install a voice dialer to use your PSTN line.

If you but the contact off the suppliers it just need to be changed over.
    Did you disable a zone in the control panel?
    Have you engineer access to the panel?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Or you can get that dialler to just ring your number. You won't get any information from it, but once you know it's your home number you will know it's your alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Not the best option. You wouldn't be able to tell if the battery was low or if someone was breaking in.. Give your installer a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

thanks but the engineer i contacted would not give me the code and i was told that the remove jumper option is not possible because it is locked.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I already said you wouldn't get any information, however you can limit what's reported so you would know that it's not a battery fault etc if you wanted.
    You could get an engineer out to reset this panel for you. You could also connect a generic voice dialler without the need for an engineer code.
    Again you wouldn't be getting too much information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

KoolKid wrote: »
    Or you can get that dialler to just ring your number. You won't get any information from it, but once you know it's your home number you will know it's your alarm.

Is there much to setting this up? Just need a temp solution until I make a decision on what route to take.. considering the Securecomm
    (edit: Actually I have a text dialler - so doubt this option applies to me?)

Does anyone know how long the Secure text takes... in that if an alarm is triggered, how long does it take to get a text from HKC?

That option will work on a HKC text dialler if it has the options for central station monitoring.
    Just programme the mobile number into central station one. Enter any account number and set ring attempts to one or 2.
    I have heard of texts from HKC taking 5 minutes or more. IMO a voice dialler is the better and cheaper option. You also have the benefit that a voice dialler will keep trying and look for human verification that the message has been received and understood.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Qwerty?

Thanks, I don't see an option for Central Station Monitoring - but by putting my number into the Phone Options Menu, I am able to get it to dial my mobile, when the alarm goes off. The only issue is it keeps dialling it, even when I have set the Max Attempts to 2:confused:

Am I supposed to acknowledge the received call by pressing something?

Oh and my Broadband goes down everytime it dials out?

In the Dialler Menu goto Options Menu>Dial Options Menu

Set Max attempts to 2
    Set FTC Attempts to 3

• Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭hatchman

Guys have a very similar problem to Qwerty? Hoping one of you can help me out ? I have a rented property which I used to live in and when there I had the HKC SW8/12 with dialer set up to text my mobile and my wife's mobile never to call. We moved out number of years ago and when moving out cancelled phone. There has been no active phone line up until a few weeks ago at the property. The tenants there now have got the phone line re installed and two days ago my mobile started receiving calls from the tenants new number over and over. My wife's phone has received a few but my phone keeps getting them. I have been able to gain access to alarm with tenants permission but I am at a total loss as to why it is now calling me when I never set this up in the first place. While I was at the keypad going through the menus I could hear a click in the panel and am guessing it was the dialer seizing the phone line to make call this is while the alarm was off. I would really like to to set the tenants mobile number up on dialer. Like Qwerty? why does it keep ringing and ringing even when the alarm is just turned off, would the dialer be bunched ? If so how do I disable it or do I just physically remove it from the panel. I installed the alarm many years ago so I have the ENG code. Please help

• Advertisement

Check where your number is programmed into the dialler and remove it. If you set up the settings as above it should only call twice regardless. Worst case scenario, remove the phone line from the dialler.
    If there is line seizure set up connect A to C and B to D after you remove the cable.

Thanks Koolkid much appreciated I will give that a go over next few days. Just another quick question when I was scrolling back through the log the dialer shows before the alarm I would have thought that this should be in the reverse order i.e Alarm event then dialer event ? I'll check it again and write it down.

As you scroll down the newest events are first.

Read the manual again and I think what I should have asked was does a DMC Flt cause a full Alarm to trigger ? The alarm showed Zone 1 Alarm.

No a dialler fault, line fault etc only alerts on the keypad.

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

Its happening as the eircom SMS server is gone. So the alarm rings your number instead of texting it. Simply remove your numbers in the SMS menu or disable the DIGI card. If you power down the panel and remove the DIGi from the pins on the board but leave it connected to the phone lines . when you power it up and enter enginner mode and then exit it will ask you if you want to disable the digi. Choose yes.

The panel would not register a fault because the SMS server is down. It has no way of knowing this. SMS messages are sent out blind.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,546 ✭✭✭kub

KoolKid wrote: »
    The panel would not register a fault because the SMS server is down. It has no way of knowing this. SMS messages are sent out blind.

One of the many reasons i for one am delighted to see the end of them

I agree. We have come a long way thank god.

hatchman wrote: »
    Read the manual again and I think what I should have asked was does a DMC Flt cause a full Alarm to trigger ? The alarm showed Zone 1 Alarm.

That all depends on if the system is armed and how these events are set up.

• Advertisement

kub wrote: »
    One of the many reasons i for one am delighted to see the end of them

Modern notifications can be sent out blind also so I would not just tar text messages :)

Guys another question on when I receive a call from DMC if I answer and hang up does that stop it from making a call to the next programmed number ? Just wondering how to save money on my phone bill really. When I answer do I have to wait a certain amount of time before hanging up ?

In the Dialler Menu goto Options Menu>Dial Options Menu

Set Max attempts to 2
    Set FTC Attempts to 3

Have that set thanks guess I'll find out about answering and not answering in due course

It should only make 2 calls.

• Registered Users Posts: 35 Maximo23

Hi again. I want to install a landline speech dialler for the Hkc 812 for just making calls when alarm is triggered remembering i don't have eng. codes.

I saw a model on eBay that is 12 Volt DC and requires a negative trigger on the input terminals to trigger the dialling sequence.

The link is "ebay.co.uk/itm/Alarm-Telephone-Speech-Dialler-Calls-Mobile-Landline-LCD-Display-/161379397229?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item2592f62e6d"
    Add www. at the start i can't post links yet.

Also is it possible to add a non id contact to an id hkc sensor without the need to program the c.p.

Thanks.

Most voice diallers will trigger from the bell negative. You can add a standard contact onto any zone as long as it's programmed as alarm and is not a point ID input.

Maximo23 wrote: »
    remembering i don't have eng. codes.

Also is it possible to add a non id contact to an id hkc sensor without the need to program the c.p.

If you have point ID sensors on the system these would need to be removed in engineer mode. If you just physically remove them you will end up with comms faults.

Advertisement