Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo wii u error message

• 01-07-2015 3:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 42

"Failed to connect to partner's device."
    Does anyone know how to fix this it's picking up the Internet connection but won't let me play others online

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I get that sometimes in Splatoon. Could just be a congestion issue?
    What game(s) is it affecting?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 42 Candycakes

Mr E wrote: »
    I get that sometimes in Splatoon. Could just be a congestion issue?
    What game(s) is it affecting?

It's splatoon it's my sons he only got it today but he has this problem when trying to play online gaming on any of his wii u games could it be my internet I'm with three pay as you go

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

I think Splatoon is very shaky when it comes to net connection. Moreso than the other Wii U games. Try playing it off-peak and see if he connects then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Three PAYG might be fine for regular browsing and emails, but you need a solid steady connection for online gaming unfortunately. If the signal dips or drops (even for a second), you can get booted from a multiplayer game.

As cherryghost said, try during offpeak times and see if it improves.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I failed to connect to my partners device once, I blamed the drink and a headache....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,517 ✭✭✭Nollog

During the testfire, that error was rumoured to mean the slot you were trying to get into was filled by someone else.

Advertisement