Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Images show as sky trees mountains icon

Options
  • 01-07-2015 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi maybe someone can tell me what to do with transferred photos from canon camera that don't show as photo's,but as icon of sky ,tree, mountains.
    Used the import button,tagged them when I went to the file the videos are there but I can't see the photo's? any Ideas and of course I said delete from camera once copied so that's that.
    Thank you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭pete4130

What are you using to view the images?

Where they shot in RAW format? If so a normal image viewer may not be able to read the images. RAW viewers can be downloaded so you can view the images. If they are RAW files you'll need to convert them to another format, like jpeg to view them, upload them online etc…

Don't delete the RAW images though as these are your digital negatives so to speak.

If the images didn't transfer properly, do not use the memory card that they were on for anything else. You can get data recovery programs to retrieve the images. They may not be visible on the card anymore but most of them are still probably on the card, so once you don't use that card, they won't get over written by new data/images.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paric

Yes they were shot in raw, what is the program I download to convert them to jpeg.or I'll just look there online. didn't realise raw was different in terms of viewing.
    thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paric

I just clicked picasa and they all went in there,now I can see them. thanks again Pete

• Registered Users Posts: 2,637 ✭✭✭brightspark

Picasa has a built in RAW converter, you can crop etc in there then export them as jpgs if you need to use them elsewhere.

http://www.gilsmethod.com/how-to-convert-raw-files-to-jpegs-using-picasa

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

paric wrote: »
    Yes they were shot in raw, what is the program I download to convert them to jpeg.or I'll just look there online. didn't realise raw was different in terms of viewing.
    thanks again
    RAW has much more potential if you've got software to take advantage of them. There's much more data there. So if you for example didn't get the exposure right on the day you could adjust it in raw because the data is there. jpegs automatically compress all that extra data out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭Wabbit Ears

Im pretty sure the OP here was referring to the windows folder options setting that only shows Icons, not images. Very annoying if you don't know about it.

its in organise>folder and search options>View and its the top checkbox.

Advertisement