Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carphone Warehouse repair (hell)

Options
  • 01-07-2015 3:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭

Hi , I bought a Htc One M8 last June and it developed a fault this may , I handed the phone into the shop where I bought it on the 19th May for repair ,I'm still waiting for the phone to be returned to me

I'm totally stressed out from this , constantly ringing the store and getting no info , the only info I'm getting when i check on the carphone warehouse site is "manufacturer issues" and this has been the same for 3 weeks ,

an other problem is that when I looked at the original receipt it had someone else's name and phone number on it , this had caused me issues when trying to get info from carphone warehouse on-line as they say they cant deal with me as the phone is not in my name ,
    Its been over six weeks now without a phone , should i wait it out or should i head to the small claims court .

thanks .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Did you buy the phone from a private seller and if so are you paying for the repair or relying on a warranty claim? Did CW give you any indication how long the repair would take before you gave it to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

no i bought the phone in the carphone warehouse unlocked they made a mistake with the receipt , and they said it might take 10 working days , should have sent it off to htc myself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Tell the carphone warehouse that you want your repaired phone back by friday or you will be going to the small claims court for a full refund or a replacement, They should not take more than 10 days to reppair any phone and don't accept any bull about them waiting for parts, it is not a car or other machine.

Then hit them with a complaint to the Data protection commissioner as putting another customers details onto your receipt is a big mess for them!

foggy_lad wrote: »
    Tell the carphone warehouse that you want your repaired phone back by friday or you will be going to the small claims court for a full refund or a replacement, They should not take more than 10 days to reppair any phone and don't accept any bull about them waiting for parts, it is not a car or other machine.

Then hit them with a complaint to the Data protection commissioner as putting another customers details onto your receipt is a big mess for them!

i already mentioned the small claims court and the attitude was "do whatever you have to "
    I was thinking of complaining to the data protection commissioner as well but that might get someone fired and im not that mad YET .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭ssmith6287

10 days in what world? If you drop a phone in to be repaired on a Friday evening, it wont leave the shop until Monday at the earliest

What was the fault?

• Advertisement

Problem withe the touch screen ,some times the touch would register ,then nothing and all of a sudden lots of touches along a line in the upper third of the screen

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Tell the carphone warehouse that you want your repaired phone back by friday or you will be going to the small claims court for a full refund or a replacement,

Why the threats? Mostly this just delays it as there is ZERO case for small claims court at present and even if there was, it woudl take a couple fo months at least.

Data protection? - Ah jaysus, give over.
    Tony H wrote: »
    i already mentioned the small claims court and the attitude was "do whatever you have to "
    Yep, cos they've heard that one sooo many times.

Being nice and try to explain how you need the phone will usually elicit a far more positive response - people like to help people who are nice. Rabbling about small claims court will usually just slow the process up.

delahuntv wrote: »
    Why the threats? Mostly this just delays it as there is ZERO case for small claims court at present and even if there was, it woudl take a couple fo months at least.

Data protection? - Ah jaysus, give over.

Yep, cos they've heard that one sooo many times.

Being nice and try to explain how you need the phone will usually elicit a far more positive response - people like to help people who are nice. Rabbling about small claims court will usually just slow the process up.

I actually was nice , I was nice for 6 weeks and I was prepared to wait but I am getting no info at all from carphone warehouse .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Just get on with the SCC while negotiating with CFW it takes a couple of months for the SCC to go through so soonest started soonest finished.

6 weeks for any repair is a very long time I'd have started with the SCC at 4 weeks.

Advertisement