Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Potential New Connection

Options
  • 01-07-2015 4:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hi

I've been renevating an old house in Drogheda and while there was an old phone line into the house it's been long disconnected. When I check the address on the eircom site I get the "eFibre is available in your area but your address is not connected" which sounds pretty bad to me :( My neighbour has reported the same problem, they do have a phone line but can't get eFibre for the same reason. Funnily the houses across the road have glorious fiber optic internets...

Is there any way I can check when this will be connected... basically no eFibre means no new connection for you guys... 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Kef wrote: »
    Hi

I've been renevating an old house in Drogheda and while there was an old phone line into the house it's been long disconnected. When I check the address on the eircom site I get the "eFibre is available in your area but your address is not connected" which sounds pretty bad to me :( My neighbour has reported the same problem, they do have a phone line but can't get eFibre for the same reason. Funnily the houses across the road have glorious fiber optic internets...

Is there any way I can check when this will be connected... basically no eFibre means no new connection for you guys... 
    Hi Kef

I can look in to this and hopefully elaborate on why eFibre is not available if you would like to PM me your specific address?

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Not looking to hijack here but also in Drogheda area and. Efibre enabled what's my options here, I've been paying for e fibre but not getting it for quite a while I believe.

moonshadow wrote: »
    Not looking to hijack here but also in Drogheda area and. Efibre enabled what's my options here, I've been paying for e fibre but not getting it for quite a while I believe.
    Hi moonshadow

If you would like to PM em your eircom account number and specific address I will be more than happy to look in to this for you.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Kef

Any word on this Alan?

Any word on this Alan?
    Apologies for the delays Kef - I had escalated this to our Networks team and I had been advised that an investigation has been opened on this. The investigations are ongoing but we should have something within the next 48 hours. The reason for investigation is because all lines in your general area are in the same position. I'll note urgency on this and get back to you as soon as possible.

Cheers
    Al

• Advertisement

Still no word then? :(

Still no word then? :(
    Apologies Kef

I've been away for a while. I have finally been able to obtain information that there are no ports available within the eFibre cabinet serving your area - this basically means that the cabinet is not able to provide efibre to more customers than currently subscribed until works to increase capacity are arranged.

I have asked if there are works to increase capacity and unfortunately I have been advised that at present there is no date to suggest when eFibre will be available.

I'm very sorry that I can't offer you better news Kef

Al

Thanks Alan, I appreciate the effort

I'm of course extremely disappointed with this news, is there nothing I can do to try and spur on expansion of the cabinets capacity. 

I'm of course extremely disappointed with this news, is there nothing I can do to try and spur on expansion of the cabinets capacity. 
    No problem Kef - I will always do my best to help where I can.

Unfortunately there is nothing you can do to spur the expansion - ultimately it's at an internal networking level which is not affected by public or private demand/request.

I will of course ensure you feedback reaches our networks teams.

Cheers
    Al

No problem Kef

Unfortunately there is no route to take to speed expansions up - ultimately this at an internal networking level beyond the request and influence of public an private requests.

I will of course ensure your feedback is added to my weekly reports and reaches our networks team

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement

Hi Alan,

The eircom site is now reporting I can get get eFibre(70Mb), is this just a quirk on the site or has a port opened up on the cabinet?

Thanks

Hi Alan,

The eircom site is now reporting I can get get eFibre(70Mb), is this just a quirk on the site or has a port opened up on the cabinet?

Thanks
    I'll Kef,

I investigated this again for you and I'm really sorry to say that there's still no ports available - the website will not recognise this afraid. Sincere apologies for any false hope or misdirection provided by the site.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks for checking, is there no way for me to find out/get notified if a port opens up? I'm not willing to sign up to any contracts without a decent internet connection.

Thanks for checking, is there no way for me to find out/get notified if a port opens up? I'm not willing to sign up to any contracts without a decent internet connection.
    Hi Kef

I'm sorry there is no Queue for available ports or notification system on this - although I'll be happy to check this on a weekly basis if you want to PM me in future.

Thanks
    Al

Advertisement