Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another poor customer service complaint

Options
  • 01-07-2015 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭

I should know better. Phoned eircom on 12 june for a family member who was looking for broadband. They offered her a good package of efibre, tv and mobile so she excepted and was told it'd be just over a week.

Mobile turned up really quickly, thought it was a great start.
    Come the expected date we were sat waiting and decided to call up..." oh no efibre is not in your area yet so the date we gave you was wrong" Week or so later she gets a date of today between 9 & 12, with the promise of a text and call on the day. Surprise surprise no text or call.

On phoning at 3pm we were told "oh we can't get in touch with technician but he should be there maybe he's running late". Still no call or technician, it wouldn't be so bad if Eircom or the technician had the decency to call and say he's running late.

Customer service is very poor and at this point she is very disillusioned, mis-sold misinformed and fobbed off really not a good start.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 989 ✭✭✭piperh

Absolutely livid now having just called Eircom back. Being told outright lies is unacceptable. .. at 3pm we were told the technicians work until 8pm which we queried as this seemed unlikely and they would be here.

We've just called back to be told actually no they work until 5.30pm maybe slightly later but if they weren't here by 5.45pm they definitely wouldn't be here.

Now for the salt in the wound... family member has to call back tomorrow and rebook which looking on the system will not be for over a week, they can't rebook until job filed as incomplete.

If it had been an afternoon job and all the other jobs ran over it would be slightly more understandable (lack of contact not so) but it was a morning job meaning he had gone on and done others afterwards and just not bothered.

Disgraceful way to treat customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

piperh wrote: »
    Absolutely livid now having just called Eircom back. Being told outright lies is unacceptable. .. at 3pm we were told the technicians work until 8pm which we queried as this seemed unlikely and they would be here.

We've just called back to be told actually no they work until 5.30pm maybe slightly later but if they weren't here by 5.45pm they definitely wouldn't be here.

Now for the salt in the wound... family member has to call back tomorrow and rebook which looking on the system will not be for over a week, they can't rebook until job filed as incomplete.  

If it had been an afternoon job and all the other jobs ran over it would be slightly more understandable (lack of contact not so) but it was a morning job meaning he had gone on and done others afterwards and just not bothered.

Disgraceful way to treat customers.
    I'm genuinely sorry to hear this piperh

If you could PM me the account number in question I'll look in to this further

Thanks
    Al

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, we called this morning to be told it was rebooked for the 9th. No contact no consultation simply it was nothing to do with Eircom once the job has been passed. There wasn't even a reason given. The girl on the phone was nice and polite but it doesn't change the fact because of incompetence they are still left with no service.

Thanks
    Al

Thanks Al, we called this morning to be told it was rebooked for the 9th. No contact no consultation simply it was nothing to do with Eircom once the job has been passed. There wasn't even a reason given. The girl on the phone was nice and polite but it doesn't change the fact because of incompetence they are still left with no service.
    Hi piperh

Sincere apologies for the delays, I will request that this is treated with care and that a credit is applied for the inconvenience created by the delays.

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭-Freebird-

Cancel your contract while you are still in the cooling off period. I have been promised call backs and technician visits since 28th May and still don't have broadband or landline. They even issued me with a bill for over €60, I haven't had one second of a dial tone. 

After speaking to these guys every day for over a month I would advise you to do your homework before you enter a contract with this crowd.

• Advertisement

-Freebird- wrote: »
    Cancel your contract while you are still in the cooling off period. I have been promised call backs and technician visits since 28th May and still don't have broadband or landline. They even issued me with a bill for over €60, I haven't had one second of a dial tone. 

After speaking to these guys every day for over a month I would advise you to do your homework before you enter a contract with this crowd.
    Sorry to hear this -Freebird-

If you would like to PM me your order or account number I can look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

If you would like to PM me your order or account number I can look in to this further for you.

Thanks
    Al

Al I pm'd you on Friday and have had no reply. Any follow up on this.
    Thanks

Thanks
    Al

Al I pm'd you on Friday and have had no reply. Any follow up on this.
    Thanks
    Hi piperh

The appointment is booked for the 9th, I have noted your urgency on this case and once service is installed I will ensure that credit is applied for the inconvenience created by the delays.

Thanks

AL

• Registered Users Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Cancel it and stay well clear of eircom.

They have completely messed me about and getting threatening letters off them also.

Best advice stay well away from eircom as service is terrible and customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with.

Guess what.... we've just been in touch with KN as we were told installation would be the 9th and am and have been told that although Eircom say am or pm KN say its actually an all day call. So do we believe Eircom or KN and do we sit in ALL day AGAIN.

• Advertisement

Take the advice already posted and cancel your contract while you still can. 
    I had nothing but unbelievable hardship with them.

There are other providers out there. 

TheTorment wrote: »
    Take the advice already posted and cancel your contract while you still can. 
    I had nothing but unbelievable hardship with them.

There are other providers out there. 

Thinking the others are right :-/

Engineer finally called and after faffing about said
    'sorry no can do' no efibre. After a month and 2 days wages lost, endless phone calls all for nothing. Spent over an hour on the phone and came off with a normal broadband order, no tv and no clear idea of how much the new bill is going to be or what discount was applied.

The guy on the phone was polite and tried to sort it .but he was stumped by the mess Eircom have made of the order.

Thinking the others are right :-/

Engineer finally called and after faffing about said
    'sorry no can do' no efibre. After a month and 2 days wages lost, endless phone calls all for nothing. Spent over an hour on the phone and came off with a normal broadband order, no tv and no clear idea of how much the new bill is going to be or what discount was applied.

The guy on the phone was polite and tried to sort it .but he was stumped by the mess Eircom have made of the order.

Cancel cancel cancel. I will leave you with that. Cancel use anybody else.

Decision made. They are really taking the piss now. No tv, no efibre and according to the email they expect €10 a month more :-O :-O. I don't bloody well think so :-/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭eircom: Tony

Decision made. They are really taking the piss now. No tv, no efibre and according to the email they expect €10 a month more :-O :-O.  I don't bloody well think so :-/
    Hi piperh
    That is a pretty bad response and our apologies for the mix up.. I will get full details from Al and have this checked. I am afraid that if tech has said eFibre not available there is little we can do to change this. But we can confirm that this is the case.
    I do not understand why you are advised that appointment was all day, certainly our agreement with KN is AM / PM, unless there is an escalated case created for next day or closer appointments.
    Again our apologies for the issue you have had to report here. I will be back with any available update.
    Tony

Hi piperh
    That is a pretty bad response and our apologies for the mix up.. I will get full details from Al and have this checked. I am afraid that if tech has said eFibre not available there is little we can do to change this. But we can confirm that this is the case.
    I do not understand why you are advised that appointment was all day, certainly our agreement with KN is AM / PM, unless there is an escalated case created for next day or closer appointments.
    Again our apologies for the issue you have had to report here. I will be back with any available update.
    Tony

Thanks Tony efibre is definitely not available and normal broadband was acceptable if not great as there seemed little alternative..... What is not is charging more for a lesser service and products. 2 days wages lost and an extra €120 per year is insulting.

Hi piperh
    Tony

Thanks Tony efibre is definitely not available and normal broadband was acceptable if not great as there seemed little alternative..... What is not is charging more for a lesser service and products. 2 days wages lost and an extra €120 per year is insulting.
    Hi piperh

I have sent you a PM, please feel free to reply at your earliest convenience

Cheers
    Al

Well we're still waiting for activation of the broadband and have just been told it could be up to another 5 days as despite being changed to normal broadband on the 9 th it wasnt actually processed until 13th. Strange that we were told last week it would be today and yet today the system is still saying pending.

Fast losing the ability to be nice and polite with Eircom at this point.

Well we're still waiting for activation of the broadband and have just been told it could be up to another 5 days as despite being changed to normal broadband on the 9 th it wasnt actually processed until 13th. Strange that we were told last week it would be today and yet today the system is still saying pending.

You were given good advice on here what to do and believe me they are some terrible shower.

Cancel.........

Very sorry to hear this piperh

I will request urgency on this again, I'll also request that you are offered a good will gesture via credit for the delays you have experienced.

Thanks
    Al

• Advertisement
Advertisement