Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flip or not to flip - kayak on roof bar issue...

Options
  • 01-07-2015 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

So now I have a K loader, see here if your unsure of what it looks like,
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/K-Rack-Double-or-Single-Universal-Kayak-Canoe-Load-Assist-for-Car-Roof-Rack-/380823245924?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&var=&hash=item58aad59464

And my problem now is flipping the kayak for tying down on to the roof rack. I flipped it once on my own and the bolts on the roof rack needed tightening up as it had loosened from the jolt. So that's not an option. I even tried standing on a fish box at the side of the car, tied a strap to the far side to use to pull and to push the near side under, but not happening. Its too heavy for me.

What are my options? J Hooks I think are NOT the way to go as won't I need to still lift/pull/push the kayak into the J?

Im thinking a slider system that attaches to the roof rack that I can push the kayak over with until it is on its side (assuming I can manage that on my own too)...

This has been so frustrating not being able to go anywhere, cause of the issue of loading/flipping etc.

Sounds dumb I know, but Im going to physiotherapy for a reason - so Im not lifting the boat by myself:(

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Nathalie.

Advertisement