Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom F2000 modem...brought my business offline !!!

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

rolion wrote: »
    Hello,

I've had the service upgraded today and ... my business downgraded to offline !!!
    As per my post here,http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057455300 ,

Can you help !?
    Very sorry to hear this rolion

The best advice I can offer you is to contact technical support on 1890260260 or via WebChat at www.eircom.ie/chatnow

I'm sorry I can't offer you better advice rolion

Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Thanks Alan.
    Done already 4 times AND every time im been told is my internal email server !!!
    How is that possible,dunno...

Today,i've discovered that I am on Dynamic IP address and yesterday I was on my previous correct Static IP.
    I'm losing my mind here...who changed my account to dynamic !???

One of your colleague yesterday asked me to send an email with a full report on what's my issue so that Product Manager can meet and report back to supplier as the router is not performing well.
    I guess i'm not the only one having problems ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,362 ✭✭✭rolion

Also, im using a custom service on a different non standard port...how do I add / edit custom ports number on that router !??
    What a joke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Hi rolion

Also, im using a custom service on a different non standard port...how do I add / edit custom ports number on that router !??
    What a joke...
    The best advice I can offer is to contact technical support. Port forwarding is not supported by eircom but the will be able to help in relation to a static IP - also, here is the manual to the F2000 http://support.eircom.net/assets/static/images/support/responsive/download/eircom_F2000.pdf

Thanks
    Al

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,683 ✭✭✭Kensington

Thanks Alan.
    Done already 4 times AND every time im been told is my internal email server !!!

Today,i've discovered that I am on Dynamic IP address and yesterday I was on my previous correct Static IP.

One of your colleague yesterday asked me to send an email with a full report on what's my issue so that Product Manager can meet and report back to supplier as the router is not performing well.

Static IP needs your WAN encapsulation set to PPPoE (rather than IPoE). Note this will break eVision if you are using that.

Saying that though the F2000 port forwarding simply does not work on Ports 80 and 443. I suspect Eircom have a hard map to allow remote access to your modem such as for troubleshooting. Bridging also does not work on these modems.

Only solution is to request an F1000 modem which works perfectly in its place but these are no longer supplied new so hard to come by.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,920 ✭✭✭Grab All Association

Kensington wrote: »
    Thanks Alan.

Static IP needs your WAN encapsulation set to PPPoE (rather than IPoE). Note this will break eVision if you are using that.

Saying that though the F2000 port forwarding simply does not work on Ports 80 and 443. I suspect Eircom have a hard map to allow remote access to your modem such as for troubleshooting. Bridging also does not work on these modems.

Only solution is to request an F1000 modem which works perfectly in its place but these are no longer supplied new so hard to come by.
    I have one I'm not using though he will have to collect it in Thurles. 

Advertisement