Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Help with a wedding outfit

• 01-07-2015 6:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi, I was wondering if anyone on here with any interest in fashion could give me a little bit of advice!

I have a wedding at the weekend. I had planned on wearing a beige blazer with a navy tie, white shirt and dark navy pants. What I'm wondering is what colour shoes to wear with them? I was thinking of wearing a pair of black suade shoes...would that be ok or would a different colour look better?

Any advice would be very much appreciated! This is also assuming that beige blazer is appropriate and not too casual? I'm going as a guest.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

You can wear black with navy trousers but as your blazer is beige I'd go with brown if I were you.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭jamesf85

Any particular shade of brown?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

Definitely brown! IMHO a dark brown rather than a lighter tone. I wouldn't like the shoes to 'take over' the overall look. Hope you have a lovely time. Enjoy:)

@dog walker 1234...probably the nicest message I've ever received online :) Thanks for the advice also

Going for something along the lines of this, with a navy tie and navy pants...it's not too casual is it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,283 ✭✭✭Dog walker 1234

For what it's worth I like it. Very nice. Wear what YOU feel comfortable in and don't worry about the begrudgers! :)

No, looks good. I'd definitely make sure you have something on the lapel to "wedding" it up a bit though. Something like this or get a complimentary (not matching) to your tie pocket square.

Don't go for a pocket square AND a lapel pin. Its one or the other. Think about getting a simple tie bar too, and match your belt to your shoes. I'd go for a kind of chocolate colour for both, similar to the ones in that photo.

You'll look ten times better than lads in a suit that looks like it came straight from the office! Perfect for a summer wedding. :)

I'm not too sure about wearing no socks, but maybe wearing some would ruin the outfit? I agree with everything else posted above. Thanks again

jamesf85 wrote: »
    I'm not too sure about wearing no socks, but maybe wearing some would ruin the outfit? I agree with everything else posted above. Thanks again

Personally I would wear socks. Leather shoes with no socks in this heat will be rank, and tbh it'll ruin them. Get some nice ones with a pop of colour or a nice pattern to compliment the rest of the outfit if I were you. But I like little flashes of colour, might not be your thing. Have a look in TK Maxx for fancy socks for fairly cheap. With that palette I'd go for a navy pattern.

Advertisement