Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newsagent / repair phone shop on Talbot Street?

Options
  • 01-07-2015 8:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭

Hey all

My mum's iPhone is having a bit of trouble, and I'm not in Ireland, but I want to get it fixed for her for the moment (it's over four years old, so I think it's time for a new one, but this is just for the short term).

There's a newsagents-type shop on Talbot Street on the left if you're heading toward's Connolly Station, and it's very close to the Connolly side. If you go down the back of the shop, there's a device repair area. I've used these guys a few times, and found them very good. The only thing is, I have no idea what they're called. I can't find them on Google Streetview.

Does anyone have any idea of the name / number of this place? I need to give fairly specific directions.

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Hey all

My mum's iPhone is having a bit of trouble, and I'm not in Ireland, but I want to get it fixed for her for the moment (it's over four years old, so I think it's time for a new one, but this is just for the short term).

There's a newsagents-type shop on Talbot Street on the left if you're heading toward's Connolly Station, and it's very close to the Connolly side. If you go down the back of the shop, there's a device repair area. I've used these guys a few times, and found them very good. The only thing is, I have no idea what they're called. I can't find them on Google Streetview.

Does anyone have any idea of the name / number of this place? I need to give fairly specific directions.

Thanks!!

There are actually a couple of phone repair places on Talbot Street but think you're talking about Desmond's. Just before the junction with Gardiner Street if walking towards Connolly Station. I walk up Talbot Street on way to/from work so can get you the full address tomorrow if you want to try Streetview to be sure it's the same place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Thanks Collie!

Yep - Desmond's is exactly the one I was thinking of. I would never have remembered that name.

If I'm looking at the right shop, it's boarded up on Streetview, so it mightn't have been around at the time.

I think it's just before the Spar on the other side of the street if you're heading towards Connolly, but I could be wrong.

But - it's definitely called Desmond's, so thanks!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭mid

Xaracatz wrote: »
    Thanks Collie!

Yep - Desmond's is exactly the one I was thinking of. I would never have remembered that name.

If I'm looking at the right shop, it's boarded up on Streetview, so it mightn't have been around at the time.

I think it's just before the Spar on the other side of the street if you're heading towards Connolly, but I could be wrong.

But - it's definitely called Desmond's, so thanks!!!

this is it on Streetview, almost opposite The Celt pub

https://goo.gl/maps/5FiHQ

The Spar you mentioned is further on the road towards Connolly station

• Closed Accounts Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Xaracatz

Nice one. Thanks!!

Advertisement