Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with an alternative graphics card

Options
  • 01-07-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 22

Hey all,

so I got a great build from digital solitude a few months back - suggested from hardwareversand.

Thermaltake 630W Berlin |€€ 62
    ]Intel Core i5-4460 in-a-Box|€€ 182
    Nanoxia Deep Silence DS 3 Dark Black, without power supply|€€ 66
    XFX Radeon R9 280X Double Dissipation Edition with MANTLE and Gaming Evolved client, 3GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, 2x Mini DisplayPort|€€ 236
    8GB Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9|€€ 55
    ASRock H97 Pro4, LGA 1150, ATX|€€ 85
    Seagate Barracuda 7200 1000GB, SATA 6Gb / €€ 54
    Crucial SSD 250GB BX100[/URL]|€€ 89
    €18.99
    Total|€845

Long story short I've had trouble with their customer support and getting the order shipped. Now they are telling me that the 280x version is out of stock with no idea of delivery date. They are giving me the option of switching it out for another.

Could I get some recommendations on what would be best as a replacement for my specific build? Hardware prices obviously. I will look into getting a slightly better card if possible without having to do a completely new order.

Also is this build still good value or should I look at changing up other parts that I have included in the order.

thanks a mil in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Switch it up to an R9 290 if you want, will cost about €50 but worth it imo

If you want to keep the price down, get the MSI 280X

• Registered Users Posts: 22 hollywoodhogan

This one digital? MSI R9 280X GAMING 3G mit MANTLE und Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB DDR5

Yeah that's the one. Try sending them a geizhals link, its only €225 there

Sweet thanks, yeah I'll try the 290x with them first. "Sapphire Radeon R9 290 Tri-X OC (New Edition), 4GB GDDR5, 2x DVI, HDMI, DisplayPort, lite retail"

Is this the 290x you're referring to digital?

I'm going to try and get it shipped without having to re order.

That one would be grand yeah. It's just a 290, not need for the 290X at 1080p. You've the right one chosen though

• Advertisement

Thanks so much again. If only a particular German company were as responsive :(

Advertisement