Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

briggs 675 engine problem

Options
  • 01-07-2015 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭

Have a b&s 675 auto choke engine on hayter . It is revving high for some reason or other and not running smoothly any suggestions
    Not impressed with this heap of junk at all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

any one ???

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Have a b&s 675 auto choke engine on hayter . It is revving high for some reason or other and not running smoothly any suggestions
    Not impressed with this heap of junk at all
    I am not impressed with B+S either.
    Sounds like the throttle assembly is bad, there is a carb repair kit available for them.
    The diaphragms in them can give up with ethanol fuel.
    Also check that the flywheel is not spinning on the shaft, these can shear the key on occasion.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭MFdaveIreland

CJhaughey wrote: »
    Sounds like the throttle assembly is bad, there is a carb repair kit available for them.
    Also check that the flywheel is not spinning on the shaft, these can shear the key on occasion.

Speaking to a chap today suggests to check governor spring on throttle. B and s are scrap compared to my honda. Im hoping it will be better once this is fixed

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Not been smart but without actually seeing it it would be near impossible to diagnose the problem.
    Could be anything from a cracked pipe,sticking parts need oiling,dirt in system,loose/worn springs cables parts etc.
    Check fuel system for cracks(might not necessarily be leaking
    Chech all throttle components
    Clean carb

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Rob Thomas

Speaking to a chap today suggests to check governor spring on throttle. B and s are scrap compared to my honda. Im hoping it will be better once this is fixed

B&S are in 90% of pushmowers on the market and they are generally reliable in fairness. Given the sheer number of them available, there are bound to be a few lemons. Hopefully the fixes advised will sort yours out.

Honda are bulletproof now and were in the past too; but there was a period a few years ago where they were using cheaper components or outsourcing and the quality really suffered before they get their act back together.

I always understood the general consensus was that B&S were the standard for a solid reliable mower and if you wanted the best, pay the extra for the genuine Honda. Its accepted that B&S are not at that level, but there is a premium involved.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Gen.Zhukov

CJhaughey wrote: »

That's ^ where I'd start. Did it last year after mower started running rough for no obvious reason. Not too hard a job and if unsure there are some step by step YT videos on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭arthur daly

Not been smart but without actually seeing it it would be near impossible to diagnose the problem.
    Could be anything from a cracked pipe,sticking parts need oiling,dirt in system,loose/worn springs cables parts etc.
    Check fuel system for cracks(might not necessarily be leaking
    Chech all throttle components
    Clean carb

• Registered Users Posts: 14,907 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

The best engine I have seen on a Mower is the Kawasaki FJ180v
    Fantastic engine, full pressure lubrication system, not a splash like the GX series Honda.

Advertisement