Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

dog sitting a sick dog

• 01-07-2015 9:32pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭

Have been looking after my brothers dog since 7 this morning. He wouldnt really be used to u looking after him but he would know us

He has dieabetis and he is skin and bone.

His daily intake of food is on vets instructions

He gets his injection at 2 o clock
    Then a half tin of cat food

5 o clock half tin of cat food

8 o clock full tin of cat food

That is it until the next day at 2 o clock

Dose anyone else have any experience of this

Was in a pet shop last week getting things for our own dog and just happened to mention about the cat food The person in the pet shop never heard of this.

Felt sorry for the poor dog today it seemed really hungry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

lulu1 wrote: »
    Have been looking after my brothers dog since 7 this morning. He wouldnt really be used to u looking after him but he would know us

He has dieabetis and he is skin and bone.

His daily intake of food is on vets instructions

He gets his injection at 2 o clock
    Then a half tin of cat food

5 o clock half tin of cat food

8 o clock full tin of cat food

That is it until the next day at 2 o clock

Dose anyone else have any experience of this

Was in a pet shop last week getting things for our own dog and just happened to mention about the cat food The person in the pet shop never heard of this.

Felt sorry for the poor dog today it seemed really hungry

Ok firstly I wouldn't go on what the person in a pet store said as a lot of the time they have little knowledge and just try and flog their own food which again a lot of the time is low quality.. But I have never heard of feeding a dog cat food I fact I always thought of was bad for them.

Have you googled nutrition for digs with diabetes no where does it mention card food no wonder he is skin and bones

I'd be getting a second opinion from a different vet if I was your brother

Plus supermarket tinned food (cat food included) has very little nutritional value no wonder the dog is so skinny.

Google dog with diabetes etc.. This should give you some guidance plus get your brother to bring the dog to a decent vet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

These may help some what....

http://www.mypet.com/pet-diabetes/nutrition.aspx

http://www.hillspet.com/dog-care/dog-disease-diabetes-mellitus.html

you can get Hills science diet all over Ireland

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

cocker5 wrote: »

thanks a lot i will pass on the info

God it seems a long time from 8 at night until 2 the next day to go without food

Advertisement