Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 311 ✭✭hungrypig

That's good to hear.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Hi folks, keep the pictures coming. doesn't look like the 3 tiered garden we were originally told about is going to happen. Love the wooden surrounds before the steps. How you are being aloud take them pictures i don't know as when myself and my partner went up there in my car a few weeks back we were kindly asked to leave. We werent even on the site. Progress is great. Happy to see them flying up. Most likely will be paying 10% and signing contracts within the next week. Any further update on front row completion dates?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

bailey1234 wrote: »
    Hi folks, keep the pictures coming. doesn't look like the 3 tiered garden we were originally told about is going to happen. Love the wooden surrounds before the steps. How you are being aloud take them pictures i don't know as when myself and my partner went up there in my car a few weeks back we were kindly asked to leave. We werent even on the site. Progress is great. Happy to see them flying up. Most likely will be paying 10% and signing contracts within the next week. Any further update on front row completion dates?

If you make an appointment with the foreman you may get a quick guided tour if they are not too busy..
    Not sure who misinformed you about the 3 tiered gardens That was never in the plans as far as I'm aware?!

Good luck with the new purchase :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cezary15

If you make an appointment with the foreman you may get a quick guided tour if they are not too busy..
    Not sure who misinformed you about the 3 tiered gardens That was never in the plans as far as I'm aware?!

Good luck with the new purchase :)

Exactly. If youre there after hours or during the weekend the gate is closed and security guard will not let you in. We went there to sign contracts yesterday and had a look around. Will post some pctures later today.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

After paying 5k they say 3 weeks to pay 10% deposit ? Is this time frame accurate?

• Advertisement

After paying 5k they say 3 weeks to pay 10% deposit ? Is this time frame accurate?

you get 28 days officially after your deposit goes down.

that's 28 days from time initial builder acceptance letter offering to sell house to you , lands in your letterbox

that's 28 days from time initial builder acceptance letter offering to sell house to you , lands in your letterbox

After our 5K booking fee was paid we had around two months before we got our Letter of Offer and paid rest of our 10% and signed contracts for sale. There was no issue at all or mentioning of the time frime

After signing contracts for sale there are 28 days to pay the balance of the 10%.

Cezary15 wrote: »
    After our 5K booking fee was paid we had around two months before we got our Letter of Offer and paid rest of our 10% and signed contracts for sale. There was no issue at all or mentioning of the time frame

After signing contracts for sale there are 28 days to pay the balance of the 10%.

We were told we have to sign contract and pay the 10% on day of signing contracts for sale.

Can you clarify that please ? or have I miss read your post?

ps. ANY NEW PICS WOULD BE COOL :)

We were told we have to sign contract and pay the 10% on day of signing contracts for sale.

Can you clarify that please ? or have I miss read your post?

ps. ANY NEW PICS WOULD BE COOL :)

Sorry. I was wrong. We had 28 days to sign contracts and paying the balance of 10% after we have received them.

• Advertisement

Few pics

Few more

Last batch

Last batch

nice one :) thanks very much for the pics

we were told that upon signing contracts we pay the 10%.
    contracts arrived with solicitor mid march and he has been back and forth clarifying points with builders solicitor. He is now happy to let us proceed with purchase close to 3 months after we paid original €5000 booking deposit.

we were told that upon signing contracts we pay the 10%.
    contracts arrived with solicitor mid march and he has been back and forth clarifying points with builders solicitor. He is now happy to let us proceed with purchase close to 3 months after we paid original €5000 booking deposit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Spanto88

Hi.

We have paid our €5k booking deposit and are waiting on response from the Builders solicitor to some of our Solicitors queries. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the below.

- Do we have a choice of kitchen type and paint colours?
    - Do we have a choice of tile finishes to the bathrooms?
    - If anyone is using the HTB scheme, is it a case that the 10% deposit is paid 5% by the purchaser and revenue pay the other 5% directly to the builder.

Also does anyone have drawings for house as we are trying to buy furniture but are unsure of dimensions of all the rooms.

REA Grimes have not been very helpful with any of the above. Any advice would be appreciated.

Spanto88 wrote: »
    Hi.

We have paid our €5k booking deposit and are waiting on response from the Builders solicitor to some of our Solicitors queries. Just wondering if anyone has any info on the below.

- Do we have a choice of kitchen type and paint colours?
    - Do we have a choice of tile finishes to the bathrooms?
    - If anyone is using the HTB scheme, is it a case that the 10% deposit is paid 5% by the purchaser and revenue pay the other 5% directly to the builder.

Also does anyone have drawings for house as we are trying to buy furniture but are unsure of dimensions of all the rooms.

REA Grimes have not been very helpful with any of the above. Any advice would be appreciated.

Unfortunately theres no option to change anything in 3 beds. You can however pick pint colour and tiles in bathrooms.

HTB pays your 5%, we had to provide our codes to the solicitor and he forwarded them to the builder. We paid balance by draft.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Really?

I thought you'd get a choice of unit colours and counter tops for the kitchen? We had a choice of about 10 unit colours and 8 counter tops.
    You have an allowance for the bathrooms, so can choose anything you want and pay the difference.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Really?

I thought you'd get a choice of unit colours and counter tops for the kitchen? We had a choice of about 10 unit colours and 8 counter tops.
    You have an allowance for the bathrooms, so can choose anything you want and pay the difference.

Really? I asked builder and directly in REA. NO changes in 3 beds unfortunately. When did you buy your house? Is in Hamilton Hill?

We were told that we can make changes to bathrooms only.

• Advertisement

Unfortunately theres no option to change anything in 3 beds. You can however pick pint colour and tiles in bathrooms.

HTB pays your 5%, we had to provide our codes to the solicitor and he forwarded them to the builder. We paid balance by draft.

Agent told us that it was as per show house.
    No options (except maybe paint colour)

Agent told us that it was as per show house.
    No options (except maybe paint colour)

Same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

No I bought a 4 bed semi in Barnageeragh Cove late last year.

That's interesting, I wonder why they changed that. To be honest, I actually don't know if the 3 beds in BC had any options either or was it just the 4 beds.

I guess it must be down to costs etc

I am assuming that we can pay the Builder to install floors to rest of the rooms (excl. bathrooms) once we order the materials ourselves??

Has anyone got drawings that show the dimensions of the rooms? We are unable to purchase floors (carpets, wood etc) without knowing m2 of the rooms.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    No I bought a 4 bed semi in Barnageeragh Cove late last year.

That's interesting, I wonder why they changed that. To be honest, I actually don't know if the 3 beds in BC had any options either or was it just the 4 beds.

I guess it must be down to costs etc

Apparently some people took weeks to decide what they want and it caused delays to builders.

Makes sense but ruined any chance to change to others.

Has anyone who has signed contracts got an accurate completion date for front row units or back row units?

Has anyone who has signed contracts got an accurate completion date for front row units or back row units?

Nope. Could be between end of August until mid September.

Nope. Could be between end of August until mid September.

for back row I take it?
    I would think front row are on course for a July completion.

We have been told the end of the August for the front row.

• Advertisement

for back row I take it?
    I would think front row are on course for a July completion.

Yes. Front row will be sooner for sure. Show house is ready and other homes in front row are being finished now. Gardens are a mess but I guess thats going to be completed last.

Advertisement