Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I'd add at least 2 weeks, maybe even 4, to whatever you've been told the completion date is.
    Spanto88 wrote: »
    I am assuming that we can pay the Builder to install floors to rest of the rooms (excl. bathrooms) once we order the materials ourselves??

Yeah you can contact the various tradesmen to do whatever extra jobs on your house. You can get your own people if you like but the ones contracted to the site can start work before you get keys.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

site pics today

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Great photos. Looking forward to seeing the progress over next 2 weeks for show house launch. Anyone have a luck getting measurements for each room in house to help with getting estimates for flooring?

Does anyone have any recommendations or know of any offers on flooring etc?

Balterio Laminate - the best out there IMO. 25 year residential guarantee and 15 for commercial use. Have it down 10 years in my existing property and it looks as good as new.

I avoid solid wood / semi solid engineered floors as they mark far to easily.

Just my opinion on it :)

• Advertisement

Balterio Laminate - the best out there IMO. 25 year residential guarantee and 15 for commercial use. Have it down 10 years in my existing property and it looks as good as new.

I avoid solid wood / semi solid engineered floors as they mark far to easily.

Just my opinion on it :)

Will check it out thank you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Spanto88

The show house is on show this coming Friday from 12.00 until 14.00 for anyone who has purchased a house in Hamilton Hill so I hope they provide us with some details then regarding exact measurements of all the rooms.

I can't see why they cannot just email everyone a set of drawings so we know the floor areas of each room.

Hopefully we get an exact move in date also.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cezary15

The show house is on show this coming Friday from 12.00 until 14.00 for anyone who has purchased a house in Hamilton Hill so I hope they provide us with some details then regarding exact measurements of all the rooms.

I can't see why they cannot just email everyone a set of drawings so we know the floor areas of each room.

Move in date would be nice. Would yoh know if theyre going to have open during the weekend?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

(We bought in another development and had the same question)

Our solicitor said since there is a margin for error in the dimensions, they leave it vague "as per show-house" to avoid being dragged around for small deviations..

I have plans for the 4 bed semi's if you want them. Downstairs rooms would be same size as 3 beds

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18 Cezary15

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    I have plans for the 4 bed semi's if you want them. Downstairs rooms would be same size as 3 beds

If theyre the same, yes please.

Cezary15 wrote: »
    If theyre the same, yes please.

3 bed upstairs plan

House Plans.pdf

I hadn't heard that the show house will be open to those who have purchased this Friday. Was it confirmed by someone on site or estate agent? I expect they won't give anything definitive on move in date

BCHH wrote: »
    I hadn't heard that the show house will be open to those who have purchased this Friday. Was it confirmed by someone on site or estate agent? I expect they won't give anything definitive on move in date

Our Solicitor advised us of this and we confirmwd it with the Estate Agent last week.

Our Solicitor advised us of this and we confirmwd it with the Estate Agent last week.

Okay thank you ... perhaps only those who have signed have been notified. I am not due to sign until next week. Hopefully all still on track for July completion :)

Okay thank you ... perhaps only those who have signed have been notified. I am not due to sign until next week. Hopefully all still on track for July completion :)

We haven't signed yet either. We've been told the end of August completion for the front row.

Estate agent let us know when they called inquiring as to how we were getting on with the contract.

Has anyone inquired about Eir's new fibre to the home offerings?
    I can see from the map and from talking to Residents in BC that Eir can and have ran in cables to existing homes, (just not sure if they are offering the 1,000Mb fibre option?)

Estate agent let us know when they called inquiring as to how we were getting on with the contract.

Has anyone requested any amendments to the contracts? Is anyone getting an independent surveyors report before signing or just a snag list on completion ?

• Advertisement

Has anyone requested any amendments to the contracts? Is anyone getting an independent surveyors report before signing or just a snag list on completion ?

Is there an option to request amendments?

We have gotten the follow up letter stating property will go back on market if contract not signed by 27th May (Which just happens to be new phase launch date)

Asked a list of 10 q's to builder Solicitor. Response back was (Typical solicitor reply....talk to foreman). No Specifics. No plans / drawings.

Is there an option to request amendments?

We have gotten the follow up letter stating property will go back on market if contract not signed by 27th May (Which just happens to be new phase launch date)

Asked a list of 10 q's to builder Solicitor. Response back was (Typical solicitor reply....talk to foreman). No Specifics. No plans / drawings.

No I don't believe there is option to amend.

Yes my solicitor received the same letter re deadline to sign.

Re surveyors report, my surveyor advised that for a new build it is a snag list that would be required rather than structural report and snag list. Traditionally if the house was 60 or more years old you'd get an independent structural surveyors report before signing a contract but perhaps not for new builds

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Hi folks, re stamp duty being 1% of house price. Since house already includes VAT of 13.5% do we pay stamp duty on ex vat cost of house. I.e. €289,775. Therefore stamp duty being €2897.75 instead of €3350.

bailey1234 wrote: »
    Hi folks, re stamp duty being 1% of house price. Since house already includes VAT of 13.5% do we pay stamp duty on ex vat cost of house. I.e. €289,775. Therefore stamp duty being €2897.75 instead of €3350.

Correct

bailey1234 wrote: »

Hi. The stamp duty is actually €2,951.00 (335,000 / 1.135 = €295,154), not a huge difference in the scheme of things.....

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Hi. The stamp duty is actually €2,951.00 (335,000 / 1.135 = €295,154), not a huge difference in the scheme of things.....

Thanks for that solicitor confirmed that we pay €2952 Stamp duty. Call again from estate agent today re Friday pre launch. Looking forward to seeing the actual house up close and how they've decorated showhome!

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Correct

Yes my solicitor has calculated it at €2951

Hi just wondering what kind of budget/price range it is expected will be needed on flooring for 3 beds ? Has anyone gotten overall estimate , noting obviously that it will also depend on choice of flooring

Hi just wondering what kind of budget/price range it is expected will be needed on flooring for 3 beds ? Has anyone gotten overall estimate , noting obviously that it will also depend on choice of flooring

budget 2-2.5k fitted price for downstairs (depending on what you go for of course)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

Is anyone popping in today? Got an email from the agents yesterday following up on contracts and informing us of the viewing today.

Advertisement