Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

budget 2-2.5k fitted price for downstairs (depending on what you go for of course)

Thank you . . similar for upstairs again depending on type of flooring?

I would love to go today but unfortunately stuck in work ..grateful if anyone has any new pictures or details re completion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

I went in to the show houses there. They're lovely, think the interior designer goes a bit overboard though.

I like the new ground floor layout of the 4 bed and the views are unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

This week FCC have asked for additional information from the developer on the site for the petrol station and also the fast food takeaway is still on the cards by the looks of things

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

BCHH wrote: »
    Thank you . . similar for upstairs again depending on type of flooring?

I would love to go today but unfortunately stuck in work ..grateful if anyone has any new pictures or details re completion

yes similar in size

• Registered Users Posts: 22,305 ✭✭✭✭endacl

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    the views are unreal
    You can see some boats, I presume...?

• Advertisement

a few pics

a few more

last few

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Spanto88

This week FCC have asked for additional information from the developer on the site for the petrol station and also the fast food takeaway is still on the cards by the looks of things

Is this on the FCC website?

• Advertisement

Looks like it is definitely going ahead then. Was hoping they had given up on it.

Hopefully enough objections are submitted to prevent it going ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

There is a serious smell of **** today up at HH . I hope this would not be a sign of things to come . it's Been lingering since early this morning

Is this smell a real concern and a re-occurring event? I am getting mixed feedback.

carr_e wrote: »
    Is this smell a real concern and a re-occurring event? I am getting mixed feedback.

haven't gotten it once in the last 12 weeks of site visits

I was up there today taking some measurements and I couldn't smell anything only the sea.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Spanto88 wrote: »
    I was up there today taking some measurements and I couldn't smell anything only the sea.

Fair enough. I had a person working on site say to me as I walked to view the house "the smell is terrible, don't let them see me talking to you". I have been on site 4 times and never had an issue with a smell so I am confused. Thanks for responding

Not a reoccurring event as far as I know but it was stinking a few weeks back but only for a day .

Also The car wash is actually a large rectangle tunnel rather than the conventional car washer . I also noted the canopy support structure will reach 30.6 ft into the air . Very strong sales on 4 bedrooms during the pre-launch . Also the details off what the garage looks like are on the FCC link under elevations .

Fair enough. I had a person working on site say to me as I walked to view the house "the smell is terrible, don't let them see me talking to you". I have been on site 4 times and never had an issue with a smell so I am confused. Thanks for responding

If someone is saying that there is a smell then there most likely is on certain occasions which along with the garage is not ideal......

Is anyone thinking of submitting objections in relation to the garage?

I have read the latest planning app and can't see the re-entry of the drive thru food area?!?!.... I was under the impression that it had to be removed from the application....open to correction on that one

I have read the latest planning app and can't see the re-entry of the drive thru food area?!?!.... I was under the impression that it had to be removed from the application....open to correction on that one

The drive thru has been removed on the latest application.

Is anyone thinking of submitting objections in relation to the garage?

The residents of Barnageeragh Cove have submitted multiple objections along with the school

• Advertisement

The residents of Barnageeragh Cove have submitted multiple objections along with the school

ok cool. My understanding was that any objections had to be re-submitted once there has been substantial changes to the planning application.

Once there is money being exchanged towards the council there will be no stopping this petrol station . The fees they will receive will be substantial and rates . It's all money money . The service station will be needed but not the other units aswell . The only unfortunate thing is that it is going into an area that you will be spending the mast majority of you life . If it was going into another area of town it would probably be insignificant to most on here

ok cool. My understanding was that any objections had to be re-submitted once there has been substantial changes to the planning application.

Yes, we are also resubmitting.

Yes, we are also resubmitting.

Did you know before you bought thatvthwre would be a petrol station going in ?

No, no one did as far as I'm aware (who bought in my phase and the phases previous)
    I think the first planning application went in on Dec 23rd (which is sneaky in my eyes).

Being honest, I don't think it will effect me too much as I won't be able to see it. The traffic will increase anyway when the road is finished. The only thing I'd be worried about is if attracts an "unsavoury" element down towards the estate which may cause vandalism, trouble etc. The playground seems to be doing that on it's own and that's only a playground!

Now that doesn't mean I'm ok with it going in, I'd much prefer not having it there and I feel terribly sorry for the people who will be facing it, what an eyesore. I'd say a good few will sell up.

It's not approved yet so there's still hope.

There was a planning application refused many years ago for a petrol station in Skerries but I can't see this one getting refused . I can't see to many selling up as the houses they bought were cheaper than anything that would be on the market in Skerries . Also there is no stock of houses in Skerries at the moment

I can't see to many selling up as the houses they bought were cheaper than anything that would be on the market in Skerries . Also there is no stock of houses in Skerries at the moment
    ....and there'd be a big horrible petrol station 20 meters from their front door so nobody would want to buy it!

Has anyone heard or know where the two Astro pitches will be located in the HH area ?

Has anyone heard or know where the two Astro pitches will be located in the HH area ?

It's all in the plans on fingal site. But it's only 1 Astro turf pitch and one wild garden area . Wild garden on proposed petrol station side

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

I believe there is only to be one pitch now towards rear of the development

Advertisement