Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

BCHH wrote: »
    I believe there is only to be one pitch now towards rear of the development

Maybe a change of planning on the cards . I heard as of yesterday that there will be 2 playing pitches and they were Astro . More changes lodged with FCC this week regarding the crèche and surgery . Nothing major but as the development is coming to an end I think they will try and fit more and more into the area . 1 playing pitch could add 10-20 cars through the development so 2 pitches would be too much . I've seen the Kellys Bay traffic for the playing pitch and it's a disaster . Also will the pitch or pitches have flood lights ?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Maybe a change of planning on the cards . I heard as of yesterday that there will be 2 playing pitches and they were Astro . More changes lodged with FCC this week regarding the crèche and surgery . Nothing major but as the development is coming to an end I think they will try and fit more and more into the area . 1 playing pitch could add 10-20 cars through the development so 2 pitches would be too much . I've seen the Kellys Bay traffic for the playing pitch and it's a disaster . Also will the pitch or pitches have flood lights ?
    Any further info on that?
    last I heard , was that one pitch ( directly behind proposed petrol station) was scrapped in favour of a wild meadow area with grass path walkway.... as per planning doc below

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

last I heard , was that one pitch ( directly behind proposed petrol station) was scrapped in favour of a wild meadow area with grass path walkway.... as per planning doc below

I've not heard of the second pitch being back on the cards either.

Has anyone applied yet for phone line and broadband ? Apparently it is a very slow process and can be applied for now and if enough applications in it should be dealt with more expediently

I've not heard of the second pitch being back on the cards either.

Has anyone applied yet for phone line and broadband ? Apparently it is a very slow process and can be applied for now and if enough applications in it should be dealt with more expediently

I asked with an eir rep but because I didn't have an eircode for the address they couldnt advise. Well that was specifically relating to their 1,000mb fibre to the home package.

This 2nd pitch was only being discussed as off Thursday/Friday . Not sure if it will go ahead . Major issues being raised by Kellys Bay residents as a car mounted the foot path of the promenade and wiped out a lamppost and another car Last month . They want that pitch out of there and it's been brought to the attention of the local councillors who in turn are looking at a solution to move the pitch but not lose it and this is why the 2nd pitch in Hamilton Hill might be reintroduced . The local councillors know what the situation is as they are trying to keep votes and people happy and the sporting organisations and know all the planning applications well before they are brought to the public front .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Apparently it is a very slow process
    Slowest and most painful process ever!
    ...a car mounted the foot path of the promenade and wiped out a lamppost and another car Last month . They want that pitch out of there...
    Where did this happen?
    They want what pitch out of there?

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Slowest and most painful process ever!

Where did this happen?
    They want what pitch out of there?

50 metres inside the main gate of Kellys bay . The residents never wanted that pitch across from the promenade and after this incident they have called in the councillors to have it moved

Oh ok.
    That road is a nightmare anyway!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Spanto88

....and there'd be a big horrible petrol station 20 meters from their front door so nobody would want to buy it!

No need for such negativity. If it doesn't effect you then why comment so negatively towards the properties of the new residents of Hamilton Hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Spanto88 wrote: »
    No need for such negativity. If it doesn't effect you then why comment so negatively towards the properties of the new residents of Hamilton Hill.

I dont think it is unexpected negativity. A lot of residents in BC were essentially duped into buying their property before they were made aware of the plans for a petrol station and the fact is, whether you are ok with it or not, a petrol station in the development will contribute to devaluing property in that specific area. And this is particularly hard to swallow given that a substantial number of HH residents were NOT informed about the plans when they bought - and the planning permission had already been sought at that stage.

We are further away from the proposed site but still object to it as well.

• Advertisement

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    I dont think it is unexpected negativity. A lot of residents in BC were essentially duped into buying their property before they were made aware of the plans for a petrol station and the fact is, whether you are ok with it or not, a petrol station in the development will contribute to devaluing property in that specific area. And this is particularly hard to swallow given that a substantial number of HH residents were NOT informed about the plans when they bought - and the planning permission had already been sought at that stage.

We are further away from the proposed site but still object to it as well.

I am one of those residents of Hamilton Hill. I just thought there was no need for the initial comment.

I am one of those residents of Hamilton Hill. I just thought there was no need for the initial comment.

I wasn't saying anything about Hamilton Hill. I was talking about the people in the Fulmar in BC who will have to look at it every day.

You, in Hamilton Hill, will have lovely views of the sea.

I wasn't saying anything about Hamilton Hill. I was talking about the people in the Fulmar in BC who will have to look at it every day.

You, in Hamilton Hill, will have lovely views of the sea.

I wish. I'm fairly sure we will be able to see it as soon as we walk out our front door.

All's that we can do is continue with the objections I suppose and hope it doesn't go ahead (not likely)

Some very interesting news. I received a notice from Fingal CoCo informing me that the developers have withdrawn the application for the petrol station planning permission. A lot of very happy folks in the Cove today I would imagine! :D

Brilliant news

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    Some very interesting news. I received a notice from Fingal CoCo informing me that the developers have withdrawn the application for the petrol station planning permission. A lot of very happy folks in the Cove today I would imagine! :D

Excellent news :D

Excellent news :D

I wonder what they are planning to put in its place? Social housing? , football club? Ikea :) ( that's a joke btw....)
    Hope we don't live to regret a petrol station not going in.

Or maybe they will move the proposed creche and doctor surgery down there.... would cater for ample parking needs (which is an issue in the current planning for it)

Happy enough with whatever goes in once it doesn't attract any further anti social behavior to the area.

My money now on lidl or aldi

60 new housing units @ 335k = €20m .

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭private

Withdrawal notice here
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=556289http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/Northgate.WebSearch/Download.aspx?ID=556289

Well done to all who submitted objections. I particularly liked the inference of future litigation against Fingal County Council if harm was to be proven to the local children from proximity to a petrol station. Winsac should be ashamed of their behaviour. Builders eh!

60 new housing units @ 335k = €20m .

Is that speculation or confirmed?

• Advertisement

Is that speculation or confirmed?

Speculation. Demand in Skerries for family housing is in demand . New shop units are not . Petrol station would have done a job . So how else would you maximise the profit of that site . It wouldn't be too hard to continue HH into that area . It is probably of similar size . I said yesterday about x2 playing pitches and meetings going on with the councillors . Then the petrol station news ... there is plenty going on behind the scenes with FCC and the councillors and the developers.

Watch this space

Speculation. Demand in Skerries for family housing is in demand . New shop units are not . Petrol station would have done a job . So how else would you maximise the profit of that site . It wouldn't be too hard to continue HH into that area . It is probably of similar size . I said yesterday about x2 playing pitches and meetings going on with the councillors . Then the petrol station news ... there is plenty going on behind the scenes with FCC and the councillors and the developers.

Watch this space

I take it that it would need to be rezoned first? commercial to residential.

not sure if there would be enough "open green zones" as per all planning apps. to cater for an additional high volume no. of units...??

I take it that it would need to be rezoned first? commercial to residential.

not sure if there would be enough "open green zones" as per all planning apps. to cater for an additional high volume no. of units...??

Im not sure if it needs rezoning or change of use from commercial to residential . If they build the same as the existing HH then surely if HH has enough green zone then the same can be applied to the garage site

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

I imagine there's also the possibility that a new application for petrol station will be lodged

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RedondoCA90277

yep Good news okay but what will go in their in its place
    there was article in Sunday times property section at weekend there and mention
    of 64 Duplex units mentioned as well??? Keep your eyes peeled for a new application going up in place of the garage guys ??

yep Good news okay but what will go in their in its place
    there was article in Sunday times property section at weekend there and mention
    of 64 Duplex units mentioned as well??? Keep your eyes peeled for a new application going up in place of the garage guys ??

I'd happily have the garage back if that is the case.

Maybe it's just me but if there was a garage like the one heading from the swords road to Malahide I don't think it would be too violating . People reading too much into the proximity to houses and the dangers .

Maybe it's just me but if there was a garage like the one heading from the swords road to Malahide I don't think it would be too violating . People reading too much into the proximity to houses and the dangers .

I for one am not reading too much into it there are a large volume of studies which clearly point to a connection between serious health issues and location to a petrol station. I for one do not want my kids growing up with that substantial risk.

Secondly imagine the traffic it would bring to an already congested area - the local primary school is yards away. That is waiting for a serious accident to happen.

Thirdly, whether it is right to say or not a petrol station would bring with it an element of antisocial behaviour. Already there is an element of that outside Skerries point but at least that is back a bit. We have had a few unwelcome visits to the play park causing vandalism so creating more of a loitering space for the minority like this is not a welcome addition to the cove.

It is not just about the visual eye sore but fundamentally about the health and traffic dangers it most certainly would bring. Your reading too much into it would imply you havent read the very valid and substantiated concerns of the majority of residents in BC and the parents of the kids in the primary school.

I'd happily have the garage back if that is the case.

Seriously? You would rather have something that poses a serious health risk long term, attracts antisocial behaviour and will substantially increase the traffic in the area over more residential units? That logic baffles me.

• Advertisement

I think the issue here is what would be the lesser of two evils. For me that is not a petrol station.

Advertisement