Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18 Cezary15

Would anybody know if there is going to be another row of houses between top row of Hamilton Hill and train line?

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Cezary15 wrote: »
    Would anybody know if there is going to be another row of houses between top row of Hamilton Hill and train line?

yes , another row of 3 beds with 4 or 5 3 bed cottages, much closer to the large mound of soil currently there. So back right of site if your looking up from roadside

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Hi all.

I have just registered with Boards.ie. I have bought one of the 3 beds in HH in the row behind the 4 beds and I have been following the thread with interest and it has been a great way to keep abreast of what's going on.

Does anybody know the size of the attic in the 3 bed? I doubt if it is big enough to convert but I am more interested in using it for storage etc.since I am downsizing.

Hi all.

I have just registered with Boards.ie. I have bought one of the 3 beds in HH in the row behind the 4 beds and I have been following the thread with interest and it has been a great way to keep abreast of what's going on.

Does anybody know the size of the attic in the 3 bed? I doubt if it is big enough to convert but I am more interested in using it for storage etc.since I am downsizing.

Congrats on the new purchase :)

Not sure about the size of the attic, have been trying to find out myself as interested in converting it at some stage down the line. I think it is big enough to convert, but would require some additional RSJ's or gluelam beams.

If I find out anymore on it I'll let you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

I asked the question of the attic being converted when I was in the show house and was told that they are not suitable for conversion as a habitable room due to regulations for height etc . This does not mean it can't be but it will never be certified when the property is sold on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

Does anyone have a definite date for the launch of the next phase? The estate agents didn't seem to know when I spoke to them

Does anyone have a definite date for the launch of the next phase? The estate agents didn't seem to know when I spoke to them

I was talking to them yesterday and they said September.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Does anyone know what negative effects the water treatment plant near by will have on the community? People have spoken of smells, but what about its impact on the air we breath or the soil we'll use?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 andym10

Anybody use the Help to Buy as part of their deposit in Hamilton Hill.?after you put up all the docs to the website do I need to contact Winsac directly for them to claim it.?if so anybody have their contact number.?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

andym10 wrote: »
    Anybody use the Help to Buy as part of their deposit in Hamilton Hill.?after you put up all the docs to the website do I need to contact Winsac directly for them to claim it.?if so anybody have their contact number.?

If you give your solicitor the code then they will send it to winsacs solicitors for verification. Once verified the payment takes up to 5 working days

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Maldini2706

I was talking to them yesterday and they said September.

Thanks, did they give you a specific date by any chance? We're waiting for the banks to reopen the income ratio exemptions and that's not happening until September in most cases, just wondering if we'll sneak in our application in time for HH.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Can anyone tell me what the prices of the 4beds were? I can't seem to find it anywhere. May be interested in the next phase.

Thanks, did they give you a specific date by any chance? We're waiting for the banks to reopen the income ratio exemptions and that's not happening until September in most cases, just wondering if we'll sneak in our application in time for HH.

no specific date. Just mentioned September. Best of luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Raoul wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me what the prices of the 4beds were? I can't seem to find it anywhere. May be interested in the next phase.

4 bed semis in Hamilton Hill were around the 430 mark
    The last batch of 4 bed semis in BC were 380-390
    The last batch of 4 bed detached in BC were 450-475

• Registered Users Posts: 17 desert.emerald

Would anyone living in the estate mind sharing what Internet provider you use? I'm after an Internet, phone and tv package. You can pm me if not allowed to post recommendations. ☺

Hi has anyone had their snag list done yet for Hamilton Hill and gotten an indication as to how long the outstanding items will take to complete ?

Hi there.

Have bought a 3 bed in HH in the back row behind 4 bed semis. Estimated completion date March 2018. Was out there today and noticed structure for the back row are now all up. Can somebody who is due to move in confirm that an eight month time frame to completion is reasonable based on past experience?

Hi there.

Have bought a 3 bed in HH in the back row behind 4 bed semis. Estimated completion date March 2018. Was out there today and noticed structure for the back row are now all up. Can somebody who is due to move in confirm that an eight month time frame to completion is reasonable based on past experience?

Foundations for front row houses were laid in February this year and should be ready to move into in August however with roads, paths to complete etc in this new part of the estate wouldn't have thought 8 months is unreasonable

Hi there.

I was sure they mentioned Oct-Nov for phase 2 3 beds and phase 3 (launching in September) with a completion of March 2018.
    Foundations already started on one of the cottages for phase 3.

I am a little unclear as to the launch phasesof the HH houses. Was the 1st phase launched in February 2017 with a completion date of August/September. Phase 2, launched at the end of May (of which I bought one) and I was told completion March 2018. If as @Cyber Security suggests Phase 2 is due to be completed before the end of the year, that would have a significant (and thankfully positive) impact for me.

I called to the site yesterday and it is completely closed off. I noticed that the structures for houses 35 to 44 were up. Could the builders realistically finish these by November?

I'd ask the estate agents but I think any information on dates would be vague.

• Advertisement

I am a little unclear as to the launch phasesof the HH houses. Was the 1st phase launched in February 2017 with a completion date of August/September. Phase 2, launched at the end of May (of which I bought one) and I was told completion March 2018. If as @Cyber Security suggests Phase 2 is due to be completed before the end of the year, that would have a significant (and thankfully positive) impact for me.

I called to the site yesterday and it is completely closed off. I noticed that the structures for houses 35 to 44 were up. Could the builders realistically finish these by November?

based on current progress, from what I saw yesterday, all 3 beds back row (phase 2) are up and 2 have been rendered already. Based on timelines from (phase 1) I would have thought phase 2 would be ready for Oct / Nov, but I'm not a builder so don't quote me on that.

Call the foreman to get a more realistic timeline.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Oscar45

Hi,

I have bought one of the 3 beds in the front row in Hamilton Hill. Hoping to be in by the end of August.

I noticed when I walked around the house that the TV points in the kitchen / dining and in the master bedroom are blanked off. It doesn't have a port to install the TV cable.

The spec for the home says it is wired for TV in both these rooms but there is nowhere to plug in the cable. Anyone have any info on this?

Also did anyone request their garden to be flat instead of sloped. Not sure why they didn't just make all of the gardens flat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaudieClaudie

Hey,

The dates will differ based on which row you are buying. The 3 beds at the back of the 4 beds, so number 35 - 46 are due to complete February/March. The 4 beds are due to complete in October and some of the front row 3 beds even sooner than that again.

Hope this helps for those confused about dates. Getting mortgage approvals extended may be on the cards for those of you (myself included) who are in the 35 - 46 row.

Oscar45 wrote: »

I have bought one of the 3 beds in the front row in Hamilton Hill. Hoping to be in by the end of August.

I noticed when I walked around the house that the TV points in the kitchen / dining and in the master bedroom are blanked off. It doesn't have a port to install the TV cable.

The spec for the home says it is wired for TV in both these rooms but there is nowhere to plug in the cable. Anyone have any info on this?

Also did anyone request their garden to be flat instead of sloped. Not sure why they didn't just make all of the gardens flat.

I have bought one of the 3 beds in the back row behind the 4 beds. I wonder is it the case that the cables are there are the points just blanked off until a supplier install your TV service? I have Sky Q in my existing house and you only need one points where the box is connected to the dish. All other boxes operate by bluetooth. All you need is a power point. Something to consider.

Re the garden, i think the severity of the slope on which the houses are built means that flat gardens are not on. your garden in the front row could be flattened alright but you would be looking at a much higher wall to allow the garden of the house behind you to be flat. I think there is about a difference of 8 meters in height between the front and back houses.

I have been thinking about asking the builder to have 2 tiers so it would be easier to accommodate a shed. Anyone else any ideas on that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Oscar45

I have bought one of the 3 beds in the back row behind the 4 beds. I wonder is it the case that the cables are there are the points just blanked off until a supplier install your TV service? I have Sky Q in my existing house and you only need one points where the box is connected to the dish. All other boxes operate by bluetooth. All you need is a power point. Something to consider.

Re the garden, i think the severity of the slope on which the houses are built means that flat gardens are not on. your garden in the front row could be flattened alright but you would be looking at a much higher wall to allow the garden of the house behind you to be flat. I think there is about a difference of 8 meters in height between the front and back houses.

I have been thinking about asking the builder to have 2 tiers so it would be easier to accommodate a shed. Anyone else any ideas on that?

Thanks for that. Its not a sever slope in the garden which is why I do not think it would be a big job to remove the soil to make the garden the same level as the steps to it.

Has anyone go their snag list yet and if so ha e they found many snags?

I think Eir is the broadband provider in the area but not sure how fast the new houses will be able to get access.

Oscar45 wrote: »
    Thanks for that. Its not a sever slope in the garden which is why I do not think it would be a big job to remove the soil to make the garden the same level as the steps to it.

Has anyone go their snag list yet and if so ha e they found many snags?

I think Eir is the broadband provider in the area but not sure how fast the new houses will be able to get access.

I think you would severely undermine the foundation if you tried to scrape back and level the garden (back to steps level on lower level units). Those retaining walls are large and heavy and are there for a reason.

No harm in asking though , I guess......

regarding Eir, you need to register your interest on their website.. the more houses that show an interest the quicker they will run in a service.

email :

fibrepower@openeir.ie

mention 64 units in development

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Yes, all tv and cat5 cables are behind the blank panels

The estate agents should confirm to you the "anticipated" month as they did so for launch of phase 1.

They do not confirm exact completion dates as this will differ for everyone depending on when paperwork and movement of monies is finalised following completion of fixing of any snags. Hope this helps

BCHH wrote: »
    The estate agents should confirm to you the "anticipated" month as they did so for launch of phase 1.

They do not confirm exact completion dates as this will differ for everyone depending on when paperwork and movement of monies is finalised following completion of fixing of any snags. Hope this helps

Sorry I should say when I refer to completion date above, I mean completion of the sale rather than the completion of the construction of the house

• Advertisement

Just wondering has anybody who is due to move in shortly managed to have any changes carried out such as kitchen or bathroom items?

Advertisement