Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Just wondering has anybody who is due to move in shortly managed to have any changes carried out such as kitchen or bathroom items?

as per showhouse is the official line.

you have the option to buy additional tiles in Doramics in Santry (who supply the tiles to the builders) , and pay the tiler to complete additional work. eg. fully tiling the ensuite bathroom for units that do not have a window for natural ventilation.

Little or no scope for change anywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

What about extra power points and stuff like that. I want to get electricity to the garden shed, something that would be problematic afterwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just ring the electrician if you want anything electrical changed.
    Same with the plumber.
    I got sockets moved and a radiator moved.

If they're big jobs, they might looked to be paid and, obviously, if the house is past the point of it being an easy change they might not do it.

I can PM you any numbers you need.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Just ring the electrician if you want anything electrical changed.
    Same with the plumber.
    I got sockets moved and a radiator moved.

If they're big jobs, they might looked to be paid and, obviously, if the house is past the point of it being an easy change they might not do it.

I can PM you any numbers you need.

I think I probably need to have a chat with the foreman to find out what can and cant be done. Forgive my ignorance but I am new to Boards and tech and media basic. What does PM mean? I would be grateful to get the foremans number.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

I think I probably need to have a chat with the foreman to find out what can and cant be done. Forgive my ignorance but I am new to Boards and tech and media basic. What does PM mean? I would be grateful to get the foremans number.

It means he can send you a private message. You aren't allowed to put numbers up here, I don't think.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Oscar45

Does anyone have a contact number for someone other than Bill on site? I am trying to arrange the valuer to visit but Bill is on builders holidays.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭yannakis

Oscar45 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a contact number for someone other than Bill on site? I am trying to arrange the valuer to visit but Bill is on builders holidays.

Afaik builders holidays are over this week, so all builders will probably be back on Monday.

yannakis wrote: »
    Afaik builders holidays are over this week, so all builders will probably be back on Monday.

Yeah they should be back next week but Valuer is calling today or tomorrow so I will need someone to let her into the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Yeah they should be back next week but Valuer is calling today or tomorrow so I will need someone to let her into the house.

I believe there are two or so people on site this week

Is anyone familiar with the process after the builders confirm they have dealt with snag list ?

• Advertisement

Just get your list and check everything is complete yourself? Go back to them if you're not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 desert.emerald

Anyone have any details for bins and rubbish disposal? Moving in and need to get bins sorted there asap. Thanks

Anyone have any details for bins and rubbish disposal? Moving in and need to get bins sorted there asap. Thanks

https://www.panda.ie/household/

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

I have bought one of the 3 beds in the back row behind the 4 beds.  I wonder is it the case that the cables are there are the points just blanked off until a supplier install your TV service? I have Sky Q in my existing house and you only need one points where the box is connected to the dish.  All other boxes operate by bluetooth.  All you need is a power point. Something to consider.

Re the garden, i think the severity of the slope on which the houses are built means that flat gardens are not on.  your garden in the front row could be flattened alright but you would be looking at a much higher wall to allow the garden of the house behind you to be flat. I think there is about a difference of 8 meters in height between the front and back houses.

I have been thinking about asking the builder to have 2 tiers so it would be easier to accommodate a shed.  Anyone else any ideas on that?

Thanks for that. Its not a sever slope in the garden which is why I do not think it would be a big job to remove the soil to make the garden the same level as the steps to it.

Has anyone go their snag list yet and if so ha e they found many snags?

I think Eir is the broadband provider in the area but not sure how fast the new houses will be able to get access.
    Hi there, Bought one of the front row in Hamilton hill and have done snag within the last week. Found a good few bits on the list. 14 pages in total. Mainly finishes to the paint and few bits of tiling to be tidied up. Paint job was quite poor but thats why we do a snag list. By the looks of it the painting was rushed. Saying 10 days for snag to be completed so hopefully in the next 2 weeks we'll go to closing. Happy overall but will be getting a re-inspection due to the amount of stuff to be completed. We were always told about the slope in the garden and the way it is finished i'm delighted with. Its not a massive gradient like we were led to believe. But it looks well with the wood, patio and steps up onto the higher level.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Has anyone looked at Phone, broadband and TV packages? Do we need to register with Eir prior to them coming to look at our properties to install the broadband? Thanks

Congrats hope the move goes well .. sounds like you're ahead of a few of us at snagging stage. Would be great to hear how you get on with initial set up of things

bailey1234 wrote: »
    Hi there, Bought one of the front row in Hamilton hill and have done snag within the last week. Found a good few bits on the list. 14 pages in total. Mainly finishes to the paint and few bits of tiling to be tidied up. Paint job was quite poor but thats why we do a snag list. By the looks of it the painting was rushed. Saying 10 days for snag to be completed so hopefully in the next 2 weeks we'll go to closing. Happy overall but will be getting a re-inspection due to the amount of stuff to be completed. We were always told about the slope in the garden and the way it is finished i'm delighted with. Its not a massive gradient like we were led to believe. But it looks well with the wood, patio and steps up onto the higher level.

In same position with snag list of 11 pages. I believe we were told a little too early that we could proceed to get the snag list done. As a result will probably get a re-inspection done also which unfortunately will be another fee but worth doing. Happy with garden too. Haven't looked into tv broadband yet either

BCHH wrote: »
    In same position with snag list of 11 pages. I believe we were told a little too early that we could proceed to get the snag list done. As a result will probably get a re-inspection done also which unfortunately will be another fee but worth doing. Happy with garden too. Haven't looked into tv broadband yet either

I have emailed Eir and informed them that 64 units will be seeking connection. Still waiting on a response but will let you know when I hear back.

TV - You can get Sky, Vodafone TV, Eir TV or get a combo box to get the saorview and freesat channels. The aeriel cables converge in the attic to feed each room.

Broadband - Again, Sky, Vodafone or Eir. No Virgin unfortunately. The Cat5 cables converge on the landing but I think the main point is in the hallway. So the cable comes in from the road, through the communication box on the side of the house, to the hallway, from there you can feed it up to the landing and then distribute it throughout the house with a switch. That's what I've done anyway.

*the above is based on a BC house, I'm just assuming the HH houses follow the same wiring plan etc
    I have emailed Eir and informed them that 64 units will be seeking connection. Still waiting on a response but will let you know when I hear back.

If anything comes of that, great, I'd be impressed. Just going on past experience, Eir aren't that pro-active!

Here's my advice as it took me 4 months to get broadband in, so I talked to a lot of people.

Your best bet would be to order your broadband/phone line from whichever supplier (doesn't really matter) and have an engineer scheduled to come out whatever day you are allowed move in. This engineer will be from KN Networks regardless of who you placed your order from.

They will proceed to pick up the Eir manhole cover out on the road and see that there is no cable coming from the exchange to your new estate i.e. there is no cable on the road for the engineer to connect the cable from your house to.

The engineer will then raise a work order with Open Eir, which are the infrastructure side of Eir to have this cable laid. From there you just wait. Open Eir do not have a customer facing side, you cannot ring them. That's the bad bit. To get an update you must ring Eir and explain what is happening and only about 1 in 10 times does someone know what you're talking about and have the ability to look up the progress of the work order. They will try to get you signed up every time, even if you've signed up with another provider. I did anyway just so I could quote them an account number to get talking to someone quicker. I cancelled the minute I saw the guys laying the cable.

It will be done eventually, by law Eir have to lay these cables as national provider. To expedite the process is the tricky bit. I was emailing ComReg and logged official complaints with Eir. Not sure if it did anything!

I think the phase after mine got theirs in within a month of moving in. I'm nearly sure one of the residents got on to a TD or was related to TD or something.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

I drove out here today and it was all blocked off entirely. Did I approach incorrectly?

Nevertheless, what a lovely development. Best wishes to everyone moving in. I see the ad says walking distance to the train station. I don't think that is true, though you would cycle it in no time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

myshirt wrote: »
    I drove out here today and it was all blocked off entirely. Did I approach incorrectly?

Nevertheless, what a lovely development. Best wishes to everyone moving in. I see the ad says walking distance to the train station. I don't think that is true, though you would cycle it in no time.

It is about a twenty minute walk from the Educate together school which I have done a few times so not bad at all. Cycling you can do it in under ten if you don't mind a bit of BO ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭myshirt

It is about a twenty minute walk from the Educate together school which I have done a few times so not bad at all. Cycling you can do it in under ten if you don't mind a bit of BO ;)

I wouldn't mind the cycling. But they do say walking distance in the advertisement. I would not rank 30 mins walking distance.

It is a lovely development. I had to walk in from the road by the coast. I thought from reading here that there were some units already occupied.

When are you all starting to move in?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

I emailed Eir with my future address and mentioned how many homes would be in the development as recommended by you guys - here was the response I got:

Thank you for your recent query regarding the availablibilty of fibre in you area
    Your query did not include your eircode
    Could you please provide the eircode attached to your address

I told her that we don't have eir codes as yet as the homes aren't completed. I'll let everyone know what response I get. Me thinks this is going to be a hard slog.

I emailed Eir with my future address and mentioned how many homes would be in the development as recommended by you guys - here was the response I got:

Thank you for your recent query regarding the availablibilty of fibre in you area
    Your query did not include your eircode
    Could you please provide the eircode attached to your address

I told her that we don't have eir codes as yet as the homes aren't completed. I'll let everyone know what response I get. Me thinks this is going to be a hard slog.

Below is the response I got. I am most likely going to go with Sky and try transfer my existing package once I move in.

Hi

Thank you for your inquiry.

Overall telephony service will depend on what stage the infrastructural work is at on the estate.

My advice would be to contact a service provider of choice who will advise you what your options are.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 desert.emerald

Anyone know the name of the beige colour paint on the walls of the 4 beds if that's the colour you chose? Bill and buidlers are on holiday as far as I know. Thanks!

Hi all,

Happy Monday!

Here was the response I got from Eir

As it is a new build until the telephony infrastructure is in place and complete it is not possible to establish what is available.

My advise (sic) is once the estate is complete mail back into this mailbox and we can assess at that point.

Fun and Games!

Does anyone know how long it takes on average to close the sale after you have had the house snagged?

We had our unit in the front row snagged today and there was an enormous amount of snags which were primarily paintwork, loose doors, skirting damage and generally just poor finishes etc. Looks like the whole interior will need to be repainted.

We also discovered scratches on the panes of the windows which also need replacing and the boiler was not working. There was also no pressure on the water upstairs, water dribbled out of the showers. Quite concerning to find so many snags and a lot of work required to make good all of the defects.

Does anyone know how long it takes on average to close the sale after you have had the house snagged?

We had our unit in the front row snagged today and there was an enormous amount of snags which were primarily paintwork, loose doors, skirting damage and generally just poor finishes etc. Looks like the whole interior will need to be repainted.

We also discovered scratches on the panes of the windows which also need replacing and the boiler was not working. There was also no pressure on the water upstairs, water dribbled out of the showers. Quite concerning to find so many snags and a lot of work required to make good all of the defects.

Jaysus! Sounds like a nightmare -sorry to hear about all that... hopefully it all gets sorted quick smart!

I thought there was a foreman on site whose job it would be to ensure work was done properly. Makes you wonder about the build quality.

• Advertisement

I thought there was a foreman on site whose job it would be to ensure work was done properly. Makes you wonder about the build quality.

I think they let us snag it about a week too early.

I'll let you know if we have any issues getting snags fixed and how long it takes.

Advertisement