Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 bailey1234

Oscar45 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long it takes on average to close the sale after you have had the house snagged?

We had our unit in the front row snagged today and there was an enormous amount of snags which were primarily paintwork, loose doors, skirting damage and generally just poor finishes etc. Looks like the whole interior will need to be repainted.

We also discovered scratches on the panes of the windows which also need replacing and the boiler was not working. There was also no pressure on the water upstairs, water dribbled out of the showers. Quite concerning to find so many snags and a lot of work required to make good all of the defects.

From speaking to solicitor and bank it can take anything from 5 to 12 days depending on paperwork and funds transferred between your solicitor and builders solicitor to close.  With regard to the snag i had a relative who's a builder look over house with me seperate to the snag list. He said the house seems to be built very well with alot of very good finishes however he also said 100% there was only 1 coat of paint put on the walls and skirtings in the house and it was a shabby job. 
    We spoke with builders all through this from day we snagged to following up the next day to make sure they started and still  9 days after we snagged the house we were asked had a snag been completed on our house. They hadn't started to work through the list. Things seem to be moving along well now though. Thanks for the heads up i will have to check the water pressure and boiler next time i am in. It may have been the case that the water was switched off while they were working away in the house. 
    All in all happy enough just wish it was moving along at a quicker pace from snagging.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Any progress on the snagging, folks? Has anyone moved in yet?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

I thought there was a foreman on site whose job it would be to ensure work was done properly. Makes you wonder about the build quality.

Most of those Foremen are not up to much. I once snagged a house for a client & none of the tops of the architraves were painted (most houses are left like this). I mentioned it to the "Finishing Foreman" his response was "we never paint the tops no one sees them!" My response "well you will paint them on this house for m client" Just because they have a title it does not mean they know what to do with it! Lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Oscar45

5 days since they started on our snags and not the progress I'd have liked. The painting is still the big issue.

Does everyone else have a cable hanging out of the wall in the main bathroom?? Do we need to provide our own light?

I would have thought the alarm cables would be boxed off until an alarm was installed too.

Can you add new snags when you go back in to see if they have rectified the snag list as I have a feeling I will find a lot more.

Also, is anyone fully sure how to operate the heating system and solar panels?

• Registered Users Posts: 1 havin the crack

tradesman wrote: »
    Most of those Foremen are not up to much. I once snagged a house for a client & none of the tops of the architraves were painted (most houses are left like this). I mentioned it to the "Finishing Foreman" his response was "we never paint the tops no one sees them!" My response "well you will paint them on this house for m client" Just because they have a title it does not mean they know what to do with it! Lol.
    new timber needs some where for the moisture to be released from, hence builders leave a release point so the timber in a new house will not be prone to cracking or splitting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Anyone hoping to start flooring this week in HH ? Also has anyone gotten price yet for getting alarm installed ?

BCHH wrote: »
    Anyone hoping to start flooring this week in HH ? Also has anyone gotten price yet for getting alarm installed ?
    Myself and my girlfriend did tiling the week before last. A few days after we did a snag list. All the houses are pretty close.  From speaking to the lads on site it seems like there has been a foreman designated to 2 houses a piece. And depending on who you get they can be completed at different speeds. They were slow to get moving on the snag list on ours but when they got going they seemed to move through the list fairly quick. House should be completed today or tomorrow. Doing flooring middle of the week. Hoping to be in early next week all going well with bank and solicitor etc. Haven't looked at alarms just yet but from driving through barnageeragh cove there seem to be 2 or 3 companies who have gotten a lot of business in there. Must do some research in coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Does everyone else have a cable hanging out of the wall in the main bathroom?? Do we need to provide our own light?

Yes and yes. It will be the same in your en suite(s)
    Also, is anyone fully sure how to operate the heating system and solar panels?

You don't need to do anything with the solar panels, they just feed into your electricity usage. If it's sunny, you'll use less from the grid

The heating is controlled by a panel in your pantry. It will have a timer per zone, it's fairly simple.

bailey1234 wrote: »
    Myself and my girlfriend did tiling the week before last. A few days after we did a snag list. All the houses are pretty close.  From speaking to the lads on site it seems like there has been a foreman designated to 2 houses a piece. And depending on who you get they can be completed at different speeds. They were slow to get moving on the snag list on ours but when they got going they seemed to move through the list fairly quick. House should be completed today or tomorrow. Doing flooring middle of the week. Hoping to be in early next week all going well with bank and solicitor etc. Haven't looked at alarms just yet but from driving through barnageeragh cove there seem to be 2 or 3 companies who have gotten a lot of business in there. Must do some research in coming days

Great to hear your progress and good luck with moving in. I would be interested to know where you got your tiles and flooring if that's ok.

Great to hear your progress and good luck with moving in. I would be interested to know where you got your tiles and flooring if that's ok.

Hi there. Got tiling from doramics. Chose them when deciding on tiles for bathroom,en suite and downstairs toilet. Used Kevin in top class floors for carpet and wooden flooring. He was bills guy who he uses. he's very good and gave us a good deal on everything.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 RedondoCA90277

Hi everyone
    Just wondering if anyone is aware of options for following utilities in Hamilton hill
    Internet /
    Tv
    Gas
    Electricty
    Phone
    Kind regards

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

bailey1234 wrote: »

Thats great, hope all goes well. We're also hoping to move in early next week all going well

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Meanies77

Hi All, I'm due to move into HH oct/Nov, Electriction just finished appear to be laying pipes at the front and side of the house yesterday, does anyone no if the builders are ahead/behind schedule because I'm getting mixed reports, is there anyone moving in soon??

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

Meanies77 wrote: »
    Hi All, I'm due to move into HH oct/Nov, Electriction just finished appear to be laying pipes at the front and side of the house yesterday, does anyone no if the builders are ahead/behind schedule because I'm getting mixed reports, is there anyone moving in soon??

We are planning to move into one of the 4 beds end of Oct/early November.

Do you know if your house is due to be painted soon? I have been notified by the painter that he was asked to start painting this week even though both the Kitchen and the Tiles are yet to be installed!?! I was under the impression that painting would be the last job....?

Some of the reports I am have been reading in relation to either the quality of paint and/or finish that the painters are doing, ie, it sounds like it rushed and poorly done. I believe the standard paint is a vinyl matt, has anyone upgraded the paint to say an easycare (more durable) type?

If anyone has any thoughts or experience re: painting it would be great to hear from you.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 3 RedondoCA90277

Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend electrician/company to fit alarm in Hamilton hill ??

Also what/who options for TV/Internet ??

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Hi Everyone

Can anyone recommend electrician/company to fit alarm in Hamilton hill ??

Also what/who options for TV/Internet ??

Thanks

check back over this thread. All have been answered couple pages back.

:)

Hi,

Has anyone taken recent photos of HH?

Hi,

one or 2 :)

one or 2 :)

will put up later or early tomorrow when I have time

pics HH

• Advertisement

pics 2

pics3

pics4

Hi,

few up there now for you :)

Great sets of snaps. Thanks.

Hi folks,

for anyone interested we appear to have been mapped out for Eircodes

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

this might help us to get in Broadband sevices as its the first this Eir look for when you call up looking to get Broadband.

Hi folks,

for anyone interested we appear to have been mapped out for Eircodes

https://finder.eircode.ie/#/

this might help us to get in Broadband sevices as its the first this Eir look for when you call up looking to get Broadband.

I have just completed the live web chat on eirs website.

They have offered to detect the phone line and get an engineer to call me back with options on availability etc.

I'd suggest everyone interested in broadband should run through this process and register your interest. The more homes requesting the service the quicker it will be made available to us all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rpm15116

Hi
    Just wondering does anyone know when the cottages in Hamilton hill are going up for sale? Thanks

Rpm15116 wrote: »
    Hi
    Just wondering does anyone know when the cottages in Hamilton hill are going up for sale? Thanks

no confirmed date or price as of yet.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Oscar45

I have just completed the live web chat on eirs website.

They have offered to detect the phone line and get an engineer to call me back with options on availability etc.

I'd suggest everyone interested in broadband should run through this process and register your interest. The more homes requesting the service the quicker it will be made available to us all.

I have just done this now. Have you had any response yet on this?

Advertisement