Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

no confirmed date or price as of yet.

Waiting on this too!

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Oscar45 wrote: »
    I have just done this now. Have you had any response yet on this?

Hi Oscar, nothing to date. Will let you know when I hear more. I defo think the more of us that register our interest the better :)

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Anybody know why access via car from the coast side of BC is not permitted at present?

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

Anybody know why access via car from the coast side of BC is not permitted at present?

Until they finish the interconnecting road up by Hamilton Hill side they aren't planning on opening the costal entrance into BC for fear of it becoming a rat run for cars. At least that was what I heard was the reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Meanies77

Until they finish the interconnecting road up by Hamilton Hill side they aren't planning on opening the costal entrance into BC for fear of it becoming a rat run for cars. At least that was what I heard was the reason.

Hopefully it's open and it will reduce the traffic going by hh,
    On hh is there anyone that moved in experience any issues with house, was there much on snag lists, and when will the wifi be available

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Meanies77 wrote: »
    Hopefully it's open and it will reduce the traffic going by hh

That definitely won't be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    That definitely won't be the case.

Am I right in thinking that is where the access road will be open onto the Balbriggan Road permanently?

Yeah, if understand you correctly Ms Tootsie.

The way I see it is - the road coming from Spar past HH will eventually join on to the Balbriggan Road. (I actually saw surveyors on it yesterday and heard it will open towards the end of Oct) It will be the primary road, with the old coastal Balbriggan road to Skerries becoming the secondary road. I'm sure there'll be a yield sign or maybe lights where they meet.
    If they do open the Balbriggan road entrance into Barnageeragh Cove which is currently blocked with bollards, I can't see an increase in traffic through this entrance. It will just be used by residents as all other people heading to Balbriggan or vice versa will just use the new primary road.

Yeah, if understand you correctly Ms Tootsie.

The way I see it is - the road coming from Spar past HH will eventually join on to the Balbriggan Road. (I actually saw surveyors on it yesterday and heard it will open towards the end of Oct) It will be the primary road, with the old coastal Balbriggan road to Skerries becoming the secondary road. I'm sure there'll be a yield sign or maybe lights where they meet.
    If they do open the Balbriggan road entrance into Barnageeragh Cove which is currently blocked with bollards, I can't see an increase in traffic through this entrance. It will just be used by residents as all other people heading to Balbriggan or vice versa will just use the new primary road.

Thanks for this, that is exactly how it was described when we were buying our house. It would seem crazy to expect the road coming through right past the play park to be the primary road. Although I drove up the HH road the other day and it looks like they have quite a lot to get done on that road if it is to open at the end of Oct.

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    ...if it is to open at the end of Oct.

I wouldn't hold my breath :pac:

• Advertisement

Any update regarding wifi on hh , has anyone got it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Anybody had a look in the attic yet with regard to storage?

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesC30

Hi,

First time poster on this thread. We have bought a 3 bed semi on back row, due to move in Feb / March time. We are very excited. Love the house design and location.

I spoke with Bill the Foreman about flooring the attic for storage. He advised against doing this, says it will cause house to lose it's 'A' level energy rating. He advised that storing the odd bit's and bobs such as christmas trees is fine, but he would not recommend flooring the attic itself for storage.

Has anyone else done anything to the attic for storage? We were anxious to floor the attic because of lack of storage elsewhere in the house, but unsure now. Also, has anybody put sliding doors into their living room? We are looking into this option to save space on hanging doors and would be grateful to hear from anyone who did this.

Anybody had a look in the attic yet with regard to storage?
    JamesC30 wrote: »
    Hi,

First time poster on this thread. He have bought a 3 bed semi on back row, due to move in Feb / March time. We are very excited. Love the house design and location.

I spoke with Bill the Foreman about flooring the attic for storage. He advised against doing this, says it will cause house to lose it's 'A' level energy rating. He advised that storing the odd bit's and bobs such as christmas trees is fine, but he would not recommend flooring the attic itself for storage.

Has anyone else done anything to the attic for storage? We were anxious to floor the attic because of lack of storage elsewhere in the house. Also, has anybody put sliding doors into their living room? We are looking into this option to save space on hanging doors and would be grateful to hear from anyone who did this.

I'd advise on joining the residents facebook page, it would be a lot more active than this thread. There has been attic and sliding door talk on it previously

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesC30

Thanks for this, do you know the Facebook page name?
    I see a couple pages for Barnageeragh Cove, but not sure which one is for the residents?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

Anyone know is there a specific reason that so many of the properties in BC are coming on the market for sale ? Or is it coincidence. Must be 10 in the last 6 months and I doubt any other area in Skerries has had as many for sale .

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

For attic storage google loft stilts. They are pvc legs that allow you to raise the flooring above the insulation layer

Anyone know is there a specific reason that so many of the properties in BC are coming on the market for sale ? Or is it coincidence. Must be 10 in the last 6 months and I doubt any other area in Skerries has had as many for sale .

I think only 4 have gone on sale as second-hand dwellings in the 10 months we have lived there - one apartment, two of the duplexes and one of the 5 bed detached at the front. With the duplexes, I have heard it is families just wanting to upgrade to something bigger. I would imagine the apartment is something similar.

Handy to sell in that area with the massive spike in popularity and demand for those properties in the development

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

I'd advise on joining the residents facebook page, it would be a lot more active than this thread. There has been attic and sliding door talk on it previously

Do you know the name of the facebook page... I can't seem to find it? Sorry, it seems obvious but when I search for Barnageeragh Cove I can't find a residents page.

Have any 4bed houses started snagging yet? Anyone have their report from their snagger yet?

....voice of warning...the details are missing..esp paint job very very bad...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Was out in HH last week and the 4 beds appear far from complete, never mind snaggable. I've got one of the 3 beds behind them and I'm wondering when they will be finished based on slow progress on 4 beds. The builders seem to be concentrating on last phase of 3 beds and getting bungalow built, probably as a show house.

Has anybody complained to Winsac about painting? It seems to be a concern for a few contributors to this thread.

carr_e wrote: »
    Do you know the name of the facebook page... I can't seem to find it? Sorry, it seems obvious but when I search for Barnageeragh Cove I can't find a residents page.

It's called Barnageeragh Cove Residents but I just noticed it's a secret group which means it won't show up in a search. You need to be invited to join it

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rpm15116

It's called Barnageeragh Cove Residents but I just noticed it's a secret group which means it won't show up in a search. You need to be invited to join it

Hi

Just wondering how I might get an invite to this group? We’ve just bought in Hamilton hill and would be great to hear how people are getting on!
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Oscar45 wrote: »
    I have just done this now. Have you had any response yet on this?

Hi does anyone know the latest for broadband? I see there is someone nearby from KN networks

Hi Oscar, nothing to date. Will let you know when I hear more. I defo think the more of us that register our interest the better :)

Hi does anyone know the latest for broadband? I see there was someone nearby from KN networks today

• Registered Users Posts: 2 D.mullan

Rpm15116 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how I might get an invite to this group? We’ve just bought in Hamilton hill and would be great to hear how people are getting on!
    Thanks

Hi we're in same position . Would love to join Facebook page to see how everyone is getting on with snagging and move in times. We're due to move into 3bed on back row in jan/feb

D.mullan wrote: »
    Hi we're in same position . Would love to join Facebook page to see how everyone is getting on with snagging and move in times. We're due to move into 3bed on back row in jan/feb

Same here. We just moved into the 4 bed in HH and would like to be part of the community on facebook.

carr_e wrote: »
    Same here. We just moved into the 4 bed in HH and would like to be part of the community on facebook.

If you ask any resident if they are on the facebook group they can ask the administrators of the page to invite you. They'll need your full name to be able to find your profile on Facebook and send invite to you

Delighted people are finally moving into the 4 beds thought the day would never come , we should be moving also in 4/5 weeks , have u enquired about WiFi , any issues with snagging ??

• Advertisement

Meanies77 wrote: »
    Delighted people are finally moving into the 4 beds thought the day would never come , we should be moving also in 4/5 weeks , have u enquired about WiFi , any issues with snagging ??

I believe Eir still need to move cables/wires to enable broadband in Hamilton Hill. We went with a mobile broadband from Vodafone, which is a good deal and doesn't require phone line or Eir (which could take forever!).

On snagging, we def weren't happy with the state of the place that was presented to us for snagging. It def needed a lot of touching up with a couple of issues still outstanding. Do PM me for further details, happy to chat in detail.

Advertisement