Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22 carr_e

ILikeBoats wrote: »

Is Panda the best option? I have done some research and can't find many alternatives that operate in the Skerries area. Any feedback most welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

carr_e wrote: »
    Is Panda the best option?

Yeah I think so. Think everyone on our road is with them anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

Is Panda the best option? I have done some research and can't find many alternatives that operate in the Skerries area. Any feedback most welcome.

Panda don't let you recycle most plastics!

JamesC30 wrote: »
    Thanks for this, do you know the Facebook page name?
    I see a couple pages for Barnageeragh Cove, but not sure which one is for the residents?
    Do you know the name of the facebook page... I can't seem to find it? Sorry, it seems obvious but when I search for Barnageeragh Cove I can't find a residents page.
    Rpm15116 wrote: »
    Hi

Just wondering how I might get an invite to this group? We’ve just bought in Hamilton hill and would be great to hear how people are getting on!
    Thanks
    D.mullan wrote: »
    Hi we're in same position . Would love to join Facebook page to see how everyone is getting on with snagging and move in times. We're due to move into 3bed on back row in jan/feb
    Same here. We just moved into the 4 bed in HH and would like to be part of the community on facebook.

The security on the page has changed to allow people to search for it and request to join

Barnageeragh Cove Residents

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Meanies77

Hi all, just noticed I have a couple of manhole shores in my garden in HH, does anyone have these in HH or barnageeragh cove , have they ever caused trouble , were you notified they would be on your property ? Who now maintains them or has access to them , cheers

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 D.mullan

Meanies77 wrote: »
    Hi all, just noticed I have a couple of manhole shores in my garden in HH, does anyone have these in HH or barnageeragh cove , have they ever caused trouble , were you notified they would be on your property ? Who now maintains them or has access to them , cheers

Are these big man holes. Surely these shouldn't be in the middle of your garden. I hope we won't have them what if our kids fell on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Hi folks, anyone call up looking to get Eir broadband in Hamilton Hill yet?

I was on the online chat with them this morning and said my house was ready for Efibre ? but I'm not convinced....havent seen any eir vans in the estate mousing the lines to the different houses....anyone any ideas on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Hi folks, anyone call up looking to get Eir broadband in Hamilton Hill yet?

I was on the online chat with them this morning and said my house was ready for Efibre ? but I'm not convinced....havent seen any eir vans in the estate mousing the lines to the different houses....anyone any ideas on this?

Hi

I'm going with sky broadband. Sky offered to look into it. They phoned this week to say that it's ready to go for Sky engineer to call out and set it up. I don't know whether it's correct but the sky engineer will be out in about 10 days. Will keep you posted

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesC30

Hi All,

We got a call this week to advise that our house will be ready between early to mid January, depending on upcoming weather. We were originally advised it would be ready in either Feb or March. We have bought one of the 3 bed semi's in back row of Hamilton Hill. I am hoping to hear from anyone else who recently bought and moved in HH. Did you get to move in on estimated dates given to you? Was there any delays in completion of snag list items? Any feedback of your experience is much appreciated!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 MaudieClaudie

Hi James,

We are also buying one of the 3 beds behind the 4beds in HH and had been quoted Feb/March for completion date way back in the summer time.

Can I ask who advised you that it could be ready sooner? Last time I was on site 2 weeks ago the interiors were just at insulation stage. Mid January would be great but maybe a bit ambitious!

Here’s hoping :)
    Hi All,

We got a call this week to advise that our house will be ready between early to mid January, depending on upcoming weather. We were originally advised it would be ready in either Feb or March. We have bought one of the 3 bed semi's in back row of Hamilton Hill. I am hoping to hear from anyone else who recently bought and moved in HH. Did you get to move in on estimated dates given to you? Was there any delays in completion of snag list items? Any feedback of your experience is much appreciated!

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Hi. Was talking to Bill Cotter this morning about completion of 3 beds behind 4 beds since I am in same boat. He said the first few might be finished in January but the rest will stretch into February. He told me end Feb for mine.

Was also talking to electrician and he says they have already started internal fit out so if you are looking for extra sockets or other bits, I suggest you get on to him pronto.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

Has anyone seen/heard any updates about the new 4 beds being released?

BCHH wrote: »
    Hi

I'm going with sky broadband. Sky offered to look into it. They phoned this week to say that it's ready to go for Sky engineer to call out and set it up. I don't know whether it's correct but the sky engineer will be out in about 10 days. Will keep you posted

Gave them a call myself yesterday and they advised that they can now install sky fibre broadband.
    Getting install done on 1st December.... fingers crossed they are not leading me up garden path

Raoul wrote: »
    Has anyone seen/heard any updates about the new 4 beds being released?

As in a new phase or a the phase that are being built at the moment?

I heard they were all broken into and all appliances were stolen, including the boilers which isn't an easy task. Might be a bit of a set back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

As in a new phase or a the phase that are being built at the moment?

I heard they were all broken into and all appliances were stolen, including the boilers which isn't an easy task. Might be a bit of a set back

That's awful to hear.

I am talking about the cottages. The ones that are currently greyed out on the site plan.

Gave them a call myself yesterday and they advised that they can now install sky fibre broadband.
    Getting install done on 1st December.... fingers crossed they are not leading me up garden path

Ok so bad news I was led up the garden path as suspected. KN networks phoned me this eve to say house not yet set up for broadband. I had to ring sky who looked it up and said a report came in to say as much so they cancelled sky engineer who was due to call in tomorrow to set up broadband. Sky advised that they put a further call through to eir and that I should receive a call from them directly next week with an update as to anticpated timeline for them to do their part ...will keep posting here as I get any more updates but sounds like could be a while. This is case for all of first row as far as I know

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

I would suggest to get onto the builder if they are close enough to the property . If you ever intend to extend your property you will never be allowed to go over these manholes and I know of a family who recently bought a house and were to extend into the rear and side but due to these manholes located in their garden FCC would not allow them planning permission . They sold their family home to do this project and after all the effort and rejection they said they would never have sold the original house they were in if they had a known what lay ahead

Same here. We just moved into the 4 bed in HH and would like to be part of the community on facebook.

Who did you use for snapping, was he any good etc

Hi, does anyone know if the 3 bed semi's are wired for a spotlight at front door?

Thanks.

Hi, does anyone know if the 3 bed semi's are wired for a spotlight at front door?

Thanks.

all previous 3 beds were, so I dont see why they would change now. they leave the cable loose coming out the wall on both front door and back door
    as it is now, there is wiring in place to install a day / night light.

• Advertisement

all previous 3 beds were, so I dont see why they would change now. they leave the cable loose coming out the wall on both front door and back door
    as it is now, there is wiring in place to install a day / night light.

That's perfect, thanks! Thinking of putting a sensor light in and I couldn't recall if they wired front door for one.

That's perfect, thanks! Thinking of putting a sensor light in and I couldn't recall if they wired front door for one.

yes , looking at doing the same myself. lots of options out there too. solar vs mains wired.

Think I'll go for one that has a twilight ambient sensor so that the light isnt on all in day and only comes on at dusk.

Hi did you get your broadband sorted yet??

Hi did you get your broadband sorted yet??

NO, GOT THE TEXT FROM SKY YESTERDAY INFORMING ME THEY COULDNT INSTALL BROADBAND BECAUSE EIR HAVE NOT PUT IN THE PHONE LINES INTO THE ESTATE YET.

NO, GOT THE TEXT FROM SKY YESTERDAY INFORMING ME THEY COULDNT INSTALL BROADBAND BECAUSE EIR HAVE NOT PUT IN THE PHONE LINES INTO THE ESTATE YET.

The best bit is trying to explain to Eir that they need to do this

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

The best bit is trying to explain to Eir that they need to do this

If only they listened when you explained things. I feel sorry for the poor KN Engineers that have to actually come out and do the installs because it isn't their fault that Eircon haven't got the lines down but they get the disgruntled "how in this day and age" lark from the homeowners (I know because I had a rant with the KN dude, rather than at him, and he said it's nuts how they do things). We were in the house six months before it was installed. I ended up having conversations with my wife about...our day. :|

I met a resident who said he rang every single day for some time and explained that he required broadband to be able to work from home etc and got broadband in the end within 6 weeks but that he'd been quite insistent so showe it's possible but unfortunately it sounds like an awful lot of time and effort required

BCHH wrote: »
    I met a resident who said he rang every single day for some time and explained that he required broadband to be able to work from home etc and got broadband in the end within 6 weeks but that he'd been quite insistent so showe it's possible but unfortunately it sounds like an awful lot of time and effort required

Just called eir to order a phone line. I was sure they had to provide this by law these days in a new build.

Will wait to get line installed , then cancel as soon as its in and then move to another broadband provider all going well.

Anyone else looking into this/ further down the line on this road than I am?

Just called eir to order a phone line. I was sure they had to provide this by law these days in a new build.

Will wait to get line installed , then cancel as soon as its in and then move to another broadband provider all going well.

Anyone else looking into this/ further down the line on this road than I am?

Yes, I have been onto Eir too a couples times this past week. I am not due to move in till mid-late January but anxious to avoid weeks on end without broadband connection. I need it for work. Eir advised me that my house number wasn't registered on their database and that I need to contact the Developers firstly and request them to notify Eir to register property. I emailed Winsac requesting same but no response. I'm resigned to a long drawn out frustrating time trying to get this sorted if other posters experience is any indicator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭alfalad

Hi, Quick question for those who have moved in. What sort of broadband speeds are you getting now that you are in? Secondly is there any set up for charging electric cars? While it's not something I have now, it will be on the horizon in the next ten years. And thirdly what are the heating bills and energy use like after the recent cold spell?

Many thanks,

Advertisement