Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

alfalad wrote: »
    Hi, Quick question for those who have moved in. What sort of broadband speeds are you getting now that you are in? Secondly is there any set up for charging electric cars? While it's not something I have now, it will be on the horizon in the next ten years. And thirdly what are the heating bills and energy use like after the recent cold spell?

Many thanks,

was quoted a whopping 7mb line....... medieval broadband or what?
    will stick to the carrier pigeon!

on a serious note.... the broadband issue is ongoing.. Eir still have not ran the fibre lines in the estate... went into an eir store 2 days ago and was told there is a copper line provisioned with a max of 7mb. I don't believe them for one second, TBH.

was looking at getting a 3 pay as you go with unlimited data and putting in a dongle ( but heard the 3 3g/4g is bad out here. no bills yet but would imagine will be very cheap to run.

you would need to contact ESB / electric Ireland in order to get in a new charge point for the electric car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11 JamesC30

How long did it take you to get a phone line from Eir into the house? Also, do you have Sky Satellite and if yes, where there any issues / delays in getting Sky up and running?
    Appreciate any feedback! We are due to move into Hamilton Hill in the next 3-4 weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭blue.jester

JamesC30 wrote: »
    How long did it take you to get a phone line from Eir into the house? Also, do you have Sky Satellite and if yes, where there any issues / delays in getting Sky up and running?
    Appreciate any feedback! We are due to move into Hamilton Hill in the next 3-4 weeks.

We are with Sky...got told we could get 100mb but it averages between 70 and 80 most days which is fine. Had a nightmare battle of six months with Eircom to get lines installed and then when they did get them installed was told the line had a max of 1mb on it. turns out they cant test their own crap without a soak time of nearly two weeks. many escalations later finally got the speedtest to come back at 100mb and went straight to sky. my advice is to stay away from eircom completely and just place your order with sky or vodafone and let them battle the line issues for you

We are with Sky...got told we could get 100mb but it averages between 70 and 80 most days which is fine. Had a nightmare battle of six months with Eircom to get lines installed and then when they did get them installed was told the line had a max of 1mb on it. turns out they cant test their own crap without a soak time of nearly two weeks. many escalations later finally got the speedtest to come back at 100mb and went straight to sky. my advice is to stay away from eircom completely and just place your order with sky or vodafone and let them battle the line issues for you

Thanks for this!

do you mind me asking which part of the estate are you in. BC or HH?
    Reason I ask is Eir advised that HH is currently only on copper , so very interested to hear your better than average line speeds. :)

• Advertisement

Still waiting on phone line. Bought late October...Going to hold out for SIRO 1gig line. Fingers crossed it wont take too long to make it out to Skerries, seeing as its on its way to Balbriggan and Rush / Lusk in next 6 months

do you mind me asking which part of the estate are you in. BC or HH?
    Reason I ask is Eir advised that HH is currently only on copper , so very interested to hear your better than average line speeds. :)

Yep in BC

Still waiting on phone line. Bought late October...Going to hold out for SIRO 1gig line. Fingers crossed it wont take too long to make it out to Skerries, seeing as its on its way to Balbriggan and Rush / Lusk in next 6 months

Really? I will keep an eye on that for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Really? I will keep an eye on that for sure.

Sky offer to follow up with Eir once you order broadband and they say you'll get a call about it but never do. Have to keep ringing sky to ask them to follow up again and takes 15 mins sometimes to get through to someone in Sky. Such a nuisance. Considering emailing someone in fingal county council to see if they can put any pressure on

BCHH wrote: »
    Sky offer to follow up with Eir once you order broadband and they say you'll get a call about it but never do. Have to keep ringing sky to ask them to follow up again and takes 15 mins sometimes to get through to someone in Sky. Such a nuisance. Considering emailing someone in fingal county council to see if they can put any pressure on

you need to register your house yourself with Eir first (that's my experience anyway), and insist on having house registered with Eir, then you get a text a few days later with a number to call to arrange Eir install. Unfortunately it only appears to be a 4-7mb line that they will offer.
    Once you get the text , then you can ask Sky to install line on your behalf with Eir, but will still only get max 4mb line.

• Advertisement

you need to register your house yourself with Eir first (that's my experience anyway), and insist on having house registered with Eir, then you get a text a few days later with a number to call to arrange Eir install. Unfortunately it only appears to be a 4-7mb line that they will offer.
    Once you get the text , then you can ask Sky to install line on your behalf with Eir, but will still only get max 4mb line.

Just heard that Sky have purchased the remaining phases of the SIRO rollout. Big announcement expected end of March.
    Waiting to see what comes of that but Fibre to the House (FTTH) is imminent in my opinion:)

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭Hamilton Hiller

The price of them new bungalows are shocking !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭Raoul

The price of them new bungalows are shocking !!!

Yep, not quite sure why they are so expensive. The 4 bed semi d's were better value. Disgusted I didn't pull the trigger and go for one :(.

Any indication of the size of the 3bed bungalow? In sq. m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

117 sq m

I like them.
    I'm sure they'll have a lovely view. They have a nice plot of land, nice driveway. I like the high ceilings. The kitchen area seems huge! They're secluded at the back of the development. I think they'd be perfect for elderly people downsizing so will probably be in high demand.

They are expensive for a 3 bed though but I guess that's the market we're in and they can always reduce the price if not selling.

https://www.myhome.ie/residential/brochure/hamilton-hill-at-barnageeragh-cove-skerries-county-dublin/4182505

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Spanto2018

Has anyone experienced settlement cracks in the Hamilton Hill homes. We are only in 4 months and all of the skirtings are coming away from the wall and gaps appearing between walls and ceilings on the landing. Hoping Bill will fix them.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 Big Golfer 42

Hi all,

Has anybody got the square yardage or meterage for carpets for the stairs, landing and 3 bedrooms?

Hi

Getting close to move in time now. Any progress on broadband? Has anybody gone for mobile broadband until a more permanent solution is available?

Hi

Getting close to move in time now. Any progress on broadband? Has anybody gone for mobile broadband until a more permanent solution is available?

Have a 3 dongle with a pay as you go €20 pm all you can eat phone sim installed ( unofficial method ) as 3 try to sell you the dongle with one of their data plans. it cost €94 which included the first €20 top up. It’s fine for general web browsing and actually works well with Sky catchup ( a little slow downloading tv shows) but it works.

Have a sky installer arriving out on Monday to install broadband fibre line. Waiting to see what if anything they actually do . I have been getting extremely mixed messages from Eir as to whether or not the development is even fibre ready. Watch this space.....

I'm in the same boat, got myself a dongle which is working out well for light internet use. I have been onto Eir every week since before christmas and its groundhog day everytime I speak to them. Have to explain myself and what I need everytime like i'm calling for the first time. Its very tiring having to deal with Eir. Please keep me updated! I am on the new row, just moved in.

I'm in the same boat, got myself a dongle which is working out well for light internet use. I have been onto Eir every week since before christmas and its groundhog day everytime I speak to them. Have to explain myself and what I need everytime like i'm calling for the first time. Its very tiring having to deal with Eir. Please keep me updated! I am on the new row, just moved in.

Sky called this mornng. They can't install line on my behalf as there has been additinal infrastructure required in the estate ( post site survey findings).

Official ref from Eir site survey was: "duct / underground cable issue" - Nill Cable

Additional network planning required.

Sky advised that Eir are due to do additional works commencing 4th Macrch 2018.... but take that with a massive pinch of salt!

Congrats on the new purchase and welcome to the estate :)

• Advertisement

Have a 3 dongle with a pay as you go €20 pm all you can eat phone sim installed ( unofficial method ) as 3 try to sell you the dongle with one of their data plans. it cost €94 which included the first €20 top up. It’s fine for general web browsing and actually works well with Sky catchup ( a little slow downloading tv shows) but it works.

Have a sky installer arriving out on Monday to install broadband fibre line. Waiting to see what if anything they actually do . I have been getting extremely mixed messages from Eir as to whether or not the development is even fibre ready. Watch this space.....

Sky called this mornng. They can't install line on my behalf as there has been additinal infrastructure required in the estate ( post site survey findings).
    Official ref from Eir site survey was: "duct / underground cable issue" - Nill Cable

Additional network planning required.

Sky advised that Eir are due to do additional works commencing 4th Macrch 2018.... but take that with a massive pinch of salt!

• Registered Users Posts: 48 BCHH

Hi I’ve changed phone and lost both Bill and Joes mobile phone numbers. Is it possible to post them here ? Thanks

I sent you these contacts in a PM.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Rpm15116

Hi
    Just wondering if anybody has been given a completion date for the last row of 3 beds in Hamilton Hill?

Spanto2018 wrote: »
    Has anyone experienced settlement cracks in the Hamilton Hill homes. We are only in 4 months and all of the skirtings are coming away from the wall and gaps appearing between walls and ceilings on the landing. Hoping Bill will fix them.

Did you get these issues rectified?

Anyone get any updates from Eir / Sky or any broadband providers ..... on availability of fixed line broadband in Hamilton Hill?

Anyone get any updates from Eir / Sky or any broadband providers ..... on availability of fixed line broadband in Hamilton Hill?

KN laid some wiring in the last week. Does anybody know if this is live yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭mattcullen

Anybody know what the management fees are for the houses in Barnageeragh Cove?

• Advertisement

mattcullen wrote: »
    Anybody know what the management fees are for the houses in Barnageeragh Cove?

There are none.

Advertisement