Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Barnageeragh Cove, Skerries

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,519 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Just noticed the prices for the new phase. The 3 beds have gone up 30k. That's a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 SydneySyder

Good Morning all,

Was anyone successful in snagging a home at the sister site to Barnageeragh Cove - Hamilton Hill?
    I'm very excited as we put a hold on a 3 bedroom! Looking forward to moving in come September.
    Have been living in D12 for the last 3 years after moving from Sydney (where I'm from) so am excited for this big literal sea change!

Good Morning all,

Was anyone successful in snagging a home at the sister site to Barnageeragh Cove - Hamilton Hill?
    I'm very excited as we put a hold on a 3 bedroom! Looking forward to moving in come September.
    Have been living in D12 for the last 3 years after moving from Sydney (where I'm from) so am excited for this big literal sea change!

Morning,

Congratulations!
    Already a BC resident. Wasn't around the weekend so didn't get in to see the showhouse. Was there much interest? Were there many red dots on the map?

• Registered Users Posts: 672 ✭✭✭Ms Tootsie

Good Morning all,

Congratulations, hope all goes well with the sale. Already living in Barnageeragh Cove and it is a lovely area and the residents are very friendly.

ILikeBoats wrote: »
    Morning,

Congratulations!
    Already a BC resident. Wasn't around the weekend so didn't get in to see the showhouse. Was there much interest? Were there many red dots on the map?

We popped into the showhouse for a nosy on Sunday, it was pretty busy but Saturday was crazy!! The whole area was packed with people. Estate agents were constantly bus-ing (literally they had a bus) perspective buyers from the show house to the new site. Could hardly get into our road with cars parked and people walking about.

• Advertisement

Oh wow.
    They'll probably have another open weekend soon so will hopefully get a nose around!

Heard that the 4 bed semi d's in Hamilton Hill will be 440k and they have a completely different floor lay out, so will be interested to see that

Saturday was a nightmare but Sunday seemed to be a bit more calm but we did arrive quite early.

8 of the 20 homes were taken by the time we reserved one and we were first in on Sunday afternoon when they opened - so i'm not sure how it went for the rest of the day.

We thought the busses were bringing people in to take a look at the homes we found it hilarious that they were only there to bus people over to the actual site.

The 4 bedroom homes sound fab but that would be far too big for our needs.

Selling like hot cakes so!

I would say take your completion date with a pinch of salt. The estate agents don't really have a clue. Our place was ready 10 weeks after they told us it would be complete when we bought off plans

Thanks for the tip. We are in no rush (well not pressing) as we are lodging with my in laws!

Just a question if anyone knows: is the tiling included in the bathroom/ensuite or do you have to sort that out yourself?

Yeah the wet areas and floors of the bathrooms are included. Well they were for us. You can upgrade them if you want.

• Advertisement

Yeah the wet areas and floors of the bathrooms are included. Well they were for us. You can upgrade them if you want.
    Oooh Fantastic as we would like to put a little bit of ourselves into it so hopefully they do allow us to have a say in the tiles used - even if at an extra cost.

Has anyone altered the little office space on the landing and used it as a different space or have you all left it as is? It seems like a really odd space to put a desk!

You'll be told to head off to Doramics in Santry to get your tiles. You tell them exactly what you want for each of the bathrooms whether it be the standard or different, you pay the difference if it's more expensive.

Same goes for the kitchen and wardrobes. You can add whatever extras you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭CyberSecurity

Hi all, managed to get my name down on one of the 3 beds on Saturday in the new Hamilton Hill phase. I must say the whole development looks great!!! has anyone any experience with broadband providers that service the estate?? Just wondering what options are available?

Similarly, options for TV .... I see Sky is an option...any others?

Thanks for any replies in advance :)

Hi all, managed to get my name down on one of the 3 beds on Saturday in the new Hamilton Hill phase. I must say the whole development looks great!!! has anyone any experience with broadband providers that service the estate?? Just wondering what options are available?

Congratulations!

Broadband - You can go with Eir, Vodafone or Sky I think. There is a long wait between moving in and getting connected. Open Eir need to put the main cable down whatever street you move into, this takes a long time and there's very little you can do to speed up the process. So don't expect to be connected and online straight away! I'm sure some of the roads were waiting between 4-6 months for this to be done.

TV - You can get Sky or Freeview/Saorview. No Virgin cable out in Skerries unfortunately. Obviously other non-legal methods which cannot be talked about would rely on an internet connection so you could be waiting a while for them!

Awesome news! Congrats! Did you get front row or back row?

Congratulations!

Broadband - You can go with Eir, Vodafone or Sky I think. There is a long wait between moving in and getting connected. Open Eir need to put the main cable down whatever street you move into, this takes a long time and there's very little you can do to speed up the process. So don't expect to be connected and online straight away! I'm sure some of the roads were waiting between 4-6 months for this to be done.

TV - You can get Sky or Freeview/Saorview. No Virgin cable out in Skerries unfortunately. Obviously other non-legal methods which cannot be talked about would rely on an internet connection so you could be waiting a while for them!

Oh dear God , 4-6 months!:eek: I'm actually going to have to talk to my spouse or actually pick up a book ha ha ha!:p

Internet is a joke. We moved in to our house in December and still Eir havent laid the cables. Forecasted date of Feb 28 (but have been told this is likely to change again) and once the cables are laid it will be another few weeks to get an engineer out and a phone line in to secure Internet. Unfortunately we are stuck waiting on backwards Eir to get their fingers out.

Can I ask what the buyers of houses in the new phase think about the proposed petrol station planned at the end of that road? Just curious as we were not informed about it until after we had signed contracts.

only found out on Saturday when we put deposit down

wouldnt bother me once its nicely finished off.... applegreen maybe?

• Advertisement

We weren't told about it.

Where exactly do they plan on putting it. Do you have any concerns about it Ms Tootie ?

It'll be right beside Hamilton Hill. Some of the houses will be overlooking it.
    http://documents.fingalcoco.ie/NorthgatePublicDocs/00544505.pdf
    The permission isn't granted yet but more than likely will be.

Very bad form of the estate agents not to inform you. I would go back to them asking for an explanation

We weren't told about it.

Where exactly do they plan on putting it. Do you have any concerns about it Ms Tootie ?

It is planned to go right beside Hamilton Hill and a number of the houses there will be beside it or overlooking it.

Quite a lot of concerns, particularly since Dublin City Council recently denied PP for a petrol Station close to a primary school due to health issues connected to being in close proximity to such an outlet (these are the main issues noted in the 20 plus objections to the proposed outlet). Skerries Educate Together is only a few hundred yards down the road. The opening hours are very antisocial and the retail outlet aspect is likely to mean teenagers hanging around it late at night. Given that the outlets up by Spar are empty I also worry about the need for such an outlet and can see Skerries Point being further damaged by it. Not to mention the volume of traffic it will bring to a road that is already too congested and the noise pollution that will come with that. I also think it will significantly detract from the scenic beauty in the area - one of the main reasons we bought. I also think it is very sketchy it is not being highlighted to prospective buyers - having bought late in 2016 it was not mentioned to us at all despite numerous requests for information about future plans for building in the development, and it is not mentioned in the current brochure for Hamilton Hill which is a bit sneaky.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭dutopia

It's shocked that none of the buyers from last weekend had any idea a petrol station was planned to be built right beside them. I feel the sales agents are being really dishonest... even if planning permission hasn't been granted yet, it's very dodgy.

I've lived in B. Cove for a over a year, and very happy overall but there are a few things that are very disappointing. Street lighting has still not been completed yet!

Broadband is up to 100mb, fibre to cabinet but not to home. Vodafone were fine for me.

You can change a lot but you have to ask for it. We changed all the tiling and got the bathrooms completely tiled. All bathroom ware changed, etc.

Anyone looked into converting the attic in the 3 bed units?
    was on site today (Showhouse for Hamilton Hill was at foundations level last saturday , now its got 4 walls, a roof and all studded out inside...very quick build time... intrigued to know if the attic conversion is an option?

Ms Tootsie wrote: »
    It is planned to go right beside Hamilton Hill and a number of the houses there will be beside it or overlooking it.

Quite a lot of concerns, particularly since Dublin City Council recently denied PP for a petrol Station close to a primary school due to health issues connected to being in close proximity to such an outlet (these are the main issues noted in the 20 plus objections to the proposed outlet). Skerries Educate Together is only a few hundred yards down the road. The opening hours are very antisocial and the retail outlet aspect is likely to mean teenagers hanging around it late at night. Given that the outlets up by Spar are empty I also worry about the need for such an outlet and can see Skerries Point being further damaged by it. Not to mention the volume of traffic it will bring to a road that is already too congested and the noise pollution that will come with that. I also think it will significantly detract from the scenic beauty in the area - one of the main reasons we bought. I also think it is very sketchy it is not being highlighted to prospective buyers - having bought late in 2016 it was not mentioned to us at all despite numerous requests for information about future plans for building in the development, and it is not mentioned in the current brochure for Hamilton Hill which is a bit sneaky.

Thanks for the heads up will definitely look into it! That's a lot of food for thought.

Anyone looked into converting the attic in the 3 bed units?
    was on site today (Showhouse for Hamilton Hill was at foundations level last saturday , now its got 4 walls, a roof and all studded out inside...very quick build time... intrigued to know if the attic conversion is an option?

Spending quite a bit as it is at the moment on the house so if we wanted to do it ...it'll have to wait a while. Where the 'study' is placed seems like a good place for stairs up to the attick though!

now its got 4 walls, a roof and all studded out inside...very quick build time.

Yeah they get the walls up in a day usually

When we were up yesterday, the agents were supplying a printout of the proposed petrol station / car wash / food area.

It has the look of an apple green to me. Planning still pending ( further info requested ).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭Grawns

When we were up yesterday, the agents were supplying a printout of the proposed petrol station / car wash / food area.

It has the look of an apple green to me. Planning still pending ( further info requested ).

Just had a look at this Planning application and I was pretty shocked to see that the developers of said petrol station are none other than Winsac Ltd. The same people selling the good life in Barnageeragh. :eek:

Advertisement